⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

veeman

That was a great vid.  I learned a lot. 

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

This comment sums up my thoughts almost exactly:
"The problem is that people view the "charging problem" by basing it on their ICE experience. The real problem is how to make at-home charging available for urban and apartment dwellers. Those of us lucky enough to own a home know that waking up to a "full tank" every day is one of the joys of owning an EV. We have 3 electric vehicles and even in a typical year only visit a commercial charger maybe 10 times per year on the few longer road trips."

Our current system is set up for gasoline vehicles. Some changes to our system/grid and also our habits are needed for the switch to EVs. But I don't think it's as big of a deal as most people make it out to be. 90% of peoples driving, unless they have a shitty 2-3 hour commute every day, can already be satisfied with the current crop of EVs and chargers. Apartment dwellers are the only ones who have to get creative. But I managed it for almost a year, thanks to my work and local library having convenient (& free) chargers.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

When and if I ever retire and no longer need a commuter assault fighter, I'm selling everything and just drive the old truck.
Get off my lawn!  :lol: