Audi e-tron GT.... holy shit

Started by 12,000 RPM, November 28, 2018, 12:48:20 PM

BimmerM3

When did CarSpin get its very own Tesla troll?

r0tor

So is this just another Audi vaporware EV... They have been promising this for a decade now - not even Tesla can claim that feat
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AltinD

^^ Tesla hasn't been manufacturing cars for decades and have a reputation to preserve. They don't care about the shortcomings of the technology ... and I am not talking about the long charging time, rather those other problems that are not talked about: Overheating of the batteries, the inability to drive at high speed for anything longer then short intervals, the inability to do 0 - 60 runs more then a few times in a row.

Plus, they are in the business to make money on products sold, not stock market speculation and expectation.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on December 28, 2018, 04:08:07 PM
So is this just another Audi vaporware EV... They have been promising this for a decade now - not even Tesla can claim that feat
O look, ANOTHER Tesla fanboy.

Audi has had auto journalists drive prototypes.... so their one step further from vaporware than the $35K Model 3 :lol:

It must be scary to have pinned all your hopes and dreams on Tesla, only to realize the only thing keeping them alive is real automakers not taking EVs seriously. 999 out of a thousand people would buy this over the Model 3/S
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

Wilkommen to 2009 etron

10 years of utter hype about battery tech and nothing to show for it.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

2 cars coming to market next year = nothing to show? I guess we can agree to disagree

Looking forward to discussion of Tesla sales figures upon the release of VWAG's EVs

Morris Minor

Interesting how many SPINners want Tesla to fail. Would the world be a better place if Musk had never been born? He's a bit nutty & skates the ethical edge, but he's no worse than the dull gray men who peddle pickups at enormous markups.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

12,000 RPM

People don't want Tesla to fail; we just hate Tesla fanboys. They force the uncomfortable truths of the situation going forward. I think Tesla will be fine; seems like they've got their shit together. But suggestions of EVs taking 100% market share and the like are ridiculous.

r0tor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 29, 2018, 09:44:30 AM
2 cars coming to market next year = nothing to show? I guess we can agree to disagree

Looking forward to discussion of Tesla sales figures upon the release of VWAG's EVs

They had prototypes built and given to journalists 10 years ago with promises of production.

The only chance these will actually be built next year is because they are required from their diesel issues to blow a ton of money on EVs.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on December 29, 2018, 12:05:31 PM
They had prototypes built and given to journalists 10 years ago with promises of production.

The only chance these will actually be built next year is because they are required from their diesel issues to blow a ton of money on EVs.
Do you have a link to first drives of Audi's EVs from 10 years ago?

And thanks for demonstrating agreement that these are not vaporware. "These are vaporware.... unless they build and sell them" LOL

r0tor

2o6

The Taycan goes on sale in like 6-8 months.

GoCougs

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 29, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
Interesting how many SPINners want Tesla to fail. Would the world be a better place if Musk had never been born? He's a bit nutty & skates the ethical edge, but he's no worse than the dull gray men who peddle pickups at enormous markups.

At least for me, it's mostly that Musk just doesn't seem honest or all that smart. Add to that Apple-esque fanboyism, government intervention, dubious claims (from "autonomous" driving to environmental advantages), and the simple desperation WtP are for The Next Big Thing, and it's all a big something I can't quite let go.

Raza

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 29, 2018, 10:10:14 AM

My buddy just got a 3. It looks weird, but he likes it. Figures it makes up for his wife driving a Suburban (they have nearly as many kids as Ron).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Raza  on December 31, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
My buddy just got a 3. It looks weird, but he likes it. Figures it makes up for his wife driving a Suburban (they have nearly as many kids as Ron).
3s do look a bit weird - but they're popping up all over the place nevertheless.
Meanwhile, gasoline here is $2.09/gal, so no pain in driving a Suburban.
Unless you're worried about CO2 & stuff.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

FoMoJo

The front looks weird, like a face with no mouth.  A bit disturbing.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

I'm over that now. I'd prefer the no mouth to the mess of tertiary grilles that plague Toyotas and Hondas now.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT