Formula1 2018

Started by Galaxy, February 26, 2018, 01:29:05 PM

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Galaxy on November 12, 2018, 10:46:44 AM

I still the fault Ocon more for the collision, but Verstappen is a fucking clown for making the conflict physical. 2 days of public work is probably not enough to calm him down. Also Red Bull team Principal Helmut Marko's reaction is unacceptable stating that Ocon should be glad that Verstappen's dad was not there. Jos Verstappen was sentenced to 5 years in jail on parole after he broke someone's skull after a karting incident. Was not the only time his hand slipped. What a lovely family.

Max is going to be a handful if he fights for the championship.

Wow.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

r0tor

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 11, 2018, 04:13:39 PM
Agree.  What was Verstappen thinking?

On another note, congratulations to Lewis for his 5th championship...a couple of weeks late.

Don't accuse Max of ever thinking
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Galaxy

93JC

I couldn't find a newer Formula 1 thread, and this is only tangentially related, but I loled:

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/autos/2019/5/20/1_4429642.html

FoMoJo

Hmmm...McLaren seems to be fading into irrelevance, which is too bad.  Not an Alonso fan, so  :partyon:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

This is probably the most boring F1 season in several years... Nobody can even come close to challenging Mercedes
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

It seems that Hamilton and Bottas are taking turns winning and placing second.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

CaminoRacer

I watched the first 55-60 laps of Monaco. Love that track, but I don't love the lack of passing or lead changes. The one guy who was aggressive about passing ended up out of the race before lap 20.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

r0tor

F1 officially needs to be disbanded after this debacle in Canada... Way to gain that north America fan base F1

12,000 RPM

I have no sympathy for anyone still watching F1 in 2019 :lol:

Every time I hear about it someone is talking about how awful it is :hammerhead:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Quote from: r0tor on June 09, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
F1 officially needs to be disbanded after this debacle in Canada... Way to gain that north America fan base F1

What happened?

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 09, 2019, 04:43:38 PM
What happened?
Vettel got a 5 second penalty that cost him the race.  Lewis inherited the win.

Much controversy over the call.

r0tor

Yea, Seb lost the back in while leading, shot through the grass, saved it while nearly hitting the wall but also stopped Hamilton from passing while collecting the car up - and then the officials gave him a 5 sec penalty for a "dangerous reentry into the track" which gave Hamilton the win despite never being able to pass Vettel. 

F1 is desperate to gain a following in North America.   We'll today's race was live in the US on ABC, was an actually decent race - and then they go a fuck it up while a country known for automotive racing "pass in the grass" and "rubbing is racing" audience watches is utter confusion.

All F1 has become is a bunch of lobsided wins and belly aching to the officials to give people penalties if you can't pass them or a (rare) overtake is "dangerous"

FoMoJo

Galaxy

I loved Ferrari telling their drivers "we are switching to plan F"  during the race. That is a perfect summary of the competition.

I wish Toto Wolf would stop with; it is not domination. Listening to him say that "half the team has the flu, the cars were in 1000 pieces this morning, did not even know if we would make it to race start" is just annoying.

Listening to Toto reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1Q0MvAAZg

Galaxy

Leclerc, and Verstappen on the front of the grid, Lando Norris 4th, the F1 of the future?

FoMoJo

Quote from: Galaxy on June 30, 2019, 06:59:15 AM
Leclerc, and Verstappen on the front of the grid, Lando Norris 4th, the F1 of the future?
A challenge for Lewis.  About time.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on June 30, 2019, 09:46:56 AM
1200 Euros for a 1:12 model?!  :confused:

For the highest possible level of detail and accuracy, even the price is 1:12 scale ... ? :wtf:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo