2020 Mercedes-AMG CLA35 Shooting Brake Combines Performance And Practicality

Started by cawimmer430, June 05, 2019, 06:24:51 AM

cawimmer430

GOD DAMN. Why do I want one!?  :wub:

2020 Mercedes-AMG CLA35 Shooting Brake Combines Performance And Practicality

The Mercedes-AMG lineup is continuing to grow as the company has introduced the new CLA 35 Shooting Brake.

Designed to appeal to drivers who want a little performance with their practicality, the CLA 35 Shooting Brake has a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 302 hp (225 kW / 306 PS) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque.

The engine is connected to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission which sends power to a standard all-wheel drive system. This setup enables the wagon to accelerate from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 4.9 seconds before hitting a limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h).

Besides the upgraded engine, the entry-level AMG has a unique grille and an AMG Line front bumper with flics near the air intakes.  Designers also installed a front splitter, silver chrome accents and aerodynamically optimized 18-inch lightweight alloy wheels.  Other notable features include sportier side skirts, a tailgate-mounted spoiler and a unique rear bumper with an integrated diffuser.

A host of styling options will be available including an AMG Night Package and an AMG Aerodynamics Package. The latter adds a new front splitter and flics as well as a gloss black spoiler. Customers can also order 19-inch wheels with either a gloss black or matte black finish.

The interior largely carries over from the CLA 35 and drivers will find two-tone upholstery, high-gloss black trim and metallic accents. Other niceties include stainless steel pedals, AMG-branded floor mats and an MBUX infotainment system with AMG-specific displays.

Of course, the CLA 35 Shooting Brake is all about performance and engineers installed a plate underneath the engine to increase torsional rigidity. They also added two additional front braces that help to reduce torsion and increase stiffness.

Besides the chassis tweaks, the model has been equipped with a retuned suspension that features an AMG-specific front steering knuckle and aluminum components to reduce unsprung mass. Other updates include the installation of an electro-mechanical sports steering system and a high-performance braking system with four-piston fixed front calipers that grab onto 13.8-inch (350 mm) discs.

Mercedes didn't mention launch details, but AMG Chairman Tobias Moers said the wagon is an "attractive alternative for young customers" who want to "access to the exciting world of AMG Driving Performance."

www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhPLTEHxfY0Ge1XYDOUlcB_n01D7DvbkF&v=NpNiKCvp3dU

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/06/2020-mercedes-amg-cla-35-shooting-brake-combines-performance-and-practicality/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Galaxy

Not a fan of the styling, but I love the color. The R129 SL in yellow was one of the highlights of the 90s.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on June 05, 2019, 07:12:36 AM
Looks pretty good, i even like the colour.

I want that press car so badly. Seen the new CLA up-close and it's gorgeous. Such an improvement over the somewhat lackluster original.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on June 05, 2019, 11:34:53 AM
Not a fan of the styling, but I love the color. The R129 SL in yellow was one of the highlights of the 90s.

IMO the R129 never looked good in these fancy colors such as red and blue. Strangely, it does look great in yellow, but only on the late-model cars. My dad's early 1989 500SL, which will get its H-license plate in November 2019, would look awful in yellow due to the different body kit design.

www.wimmerfotografie.de