Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 13, 2017, 08:26:08 AM
Do you think all extreme sports are only done by rednecks?  Dirtbiking, snowmobiling, freestyle MTB, snowboarding, etc?
Raza also thinks motorcycles are toys. Real men drive convertibles :muffin:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 13, 2017, 10:27:51 AM
Raza also thinks motorcycles are toys. Real men drive convertibles :muffin:

I thought it was only gay men that drove convertibles.

shp4man

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 13, 2017, 12:47:06 PM

Uh-oh.  :popcorn:

SVT_Power

Kevin, MrH, and Rags all own convertibles so you might be onto something...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 13, 2017, 08:26:08 AM
Do you think all extreme sports are only done by rednecks?  Dirtbiking, snowmobiling, freestyle MTB, snowboarding, etc?

Not snowboarding.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Gays have excellent taste, I wouldn't be surprised.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: shp4man on October 13, 2017, 01:18:32 PM
Uh-oh.  :popcorn:

Lol, you think I'm as sensitive about my masculinity as you are?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 12, 2017, 05:50:29 PM
Edit: Speaking of, my main riding buddy with the KX500 just traded that and his shotgun for a Northstar Caddy. (Probably the most redneck thing Raza has ever heard in his life beyond a Tacoma with a dirtbike in the bed :nutty:)

The trade and barter system is pretty redneck.  Worked with a guy who seemed to thrive on that.  Except he end up trading one decent thing for several kind of crappy things.  Like he had this newish Triumph sport touring bike that, after a series of trades, resulted in him having a ratted-out, 1980s Suzuki UJM and a couple of older snowmobiles.  He also had this grand scheme of swapping the V6 out of his mid to late 90s Dodge Dakota for a little diesel motor out of a refrigeration unit from an old freight trailer because he thought it would get him much better fuel mileage and save himself a ton of money on his long commute.  Nevermind that those little Fridge units are naturally aspirated, ~2.0L motors with like 25-30 hp...

Bit of a junk collector, too.  Showed up one day (late) with a small plastic tub full of miscellaneous old sockets that he apparently found at a garage sale for like $20 on his way to work (note: he had to drive past work several miles to get to this garage sale, so it wasn't really "on his way").  He was quite pleased when he stumbled across a couple of Craftsman pieces in the pile that were worth at least what he paid for the whole set.  This was back when the Craftsman lifetime guarantee was no-questions-asked and they just gave you a new tool in exchange for your worn-out or broken one.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

shp4man

Quote from: Raza  on October 15, 2017, 09:02:10 AM
Lol, you think I'm as sensitive about my masculinity as you are?

Nope. There must be a bit of old sensibility here or these type of posts wouldn't happen. Macho shit, ha. Nope, just normal stuff.

How long can you keep up the deception?

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MX793 on October 15, 2017, 09:52:55 AM
The trade and barter system is pretty redneck.  Worked with a guy who seemed to thrive on that.  Except he end up trading one decent thing for several kind of crappy things.  Like he had this newish Triumph sport touring bike that, after a series of trades, resulted in him having a ratted-out, 1980s Suzuki UJM and a couple of older snowmobiles.  He also had this grand scheme of swapping the V6 out of his mid to late 90s Dodge Dakota for a little diesel motor out of a refrigeration unit from an old freight trailer because he thought it would get him much better fuel mileage and save himself a ton of money on his long commute.  Nevermind that those little Fridge units are naturally aspirated, ~2.0L motors with like 25-30 hp...

Bit of a junk collector, too.  Showed up one day (late) with a small plastic tub full of miscellaneous old sockets that he apparently found at a garage sale for like $20 on his way to work (note: he had to drive past work several miles to get to this garage sale, so it wasn't really "on his way").  He was quite pleased when he stumbled across a couple of Craftsman pieces in the pile that were worth at least what he paid for the whole set.  This was back when the Craftsman lifetime guarantee was no-questions-asked and they just gave you a new tool in exchange for your worn-out or broken one.
I actually LOL'd......
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Speed_Racer

After being out of commission for about a month, I got the SV running again. The frustrating part is that I don't know which adjustment I made was the one that fixed the problem. Urgh

Raza

Quote from: shp4man on October 15, 2017, 12:49:05 PM
Nope. There must be a bit of old sensibility here or these type of posts wouldn't happen. Macho shit, ha. Nope, just normal stuff.

How long can you keep up the deception?

Huh?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Filled up my tank today.  Hoping to drink it all before riding season is over next week (cold, wet/snow coming), so I'll be riding daily.  Usually get ~125mi/tank.  Did 22 miles today.

SVT_Power

Temps finally dropped to around 40F this morning, forgot what commuting in that temp felt like  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Speed_Racer

Brr, that's what it's been in the mornings here in UT too. It wakes you up though!

Speed_Racer

The SV has been listed for sale (sad), but I placed a deposit on another bike that will be her replacement. I wasn't going to buy until the SV sold, but the price and condition were too good to pass up.

I'll complete the purchase mid next week - it takes a few business days to get an official check from my bank (USAA). I'm excited though, I've wanted a Streety since before I bought the SV in 2012! Now I just hope the SV sells quick so I'm not stuck storing it until spring.

12,000 RPM

Damn, nice man! If I came back to the street it would be one of these and nothing else

FoMoJo

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 28, 2017, 10:59:05 AM
The SV has been listed for sale (sad), but I placed a deposit on another bike that will be her replacement. I wasn't going to buy until the SV sold, but the price and condition were too good to pass up.

I'll complete the purchase mid next week - it takes a few business days to get an official check from my bank (USAA). I'm excited though, I've wanted a Streety since before I bought the SV in 2012! Now I just hope the SV sells quick so I'm not stuck storing it until spring.
So, what did you get?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

CaminoRacer

That's a nice looking ST. I'm iffy on the newer ones that have bug eyes.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

I didn't really have a preference either way, bug-eyes vs the old school round ones. I have always leaned towards the R model though. But I don't ride too hard so I likely won't notice the difference with the standard brakes and suspension. It also saves a few Gs off the price

SVT_Power

BMW in front of me slammed on the brakes at an intersection this morning, I had to grab a handful of brake. Ended up doing a stoppie for the first time, but stopped short of the car fortunately.

Unfortunately, partially sacked myself in the process  :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT_Power on October 30, 2017, 08:44:49 AM
BMW in front of me slammed on the brakes at an intersection this morning, I had to grab a handful of brake. Ended up doing a stoppie for the first time, but stopped short of the car fortunately.

Unfortunately, partially sacked myself in the process  :lol:
My first Stoppie killed my nuts also!

CaminoRacer

You guys ever get sack tapped over big bumps?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 30, 2017, 07:55:29 PM
Yup! And landing a wheelie wrong also!

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 30, 2017, 07:55:29 PM

Frost heaves on some roads around here are so bad I stand up on the pegs.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

SVT_Power

They're calling for snow Thursday evening/Friday morning...

Looks like my riding season might be done by tomorrow. I rode until November 30th last year :cry:

Speed_Racer

Ew snow, I think I made it to end of Nov last year too. This may be my last weekend of riding. Luckily no snow yet, but it's just too cold when the sun is down (thanks, daylight saving).

MX793

I'm lucky to get a ride in past the end of September.  Between frequent rain, cooler temperatures, and lots of leaves on the ground (nothing like hitting a blanket of wet leaves while leaned over in a blind turn to put an end to your riding season), it's just not worth it.  I did get in a short ride on a freakishly warm and sunny late October day this year, right before a major rainstorm rolled in.  That was probably the latest into the season I've ever ridden.
Needs more Jiggawatts