The Craigslist/eBay/AutoTrader Thread

Started by TheIntrepid, November 08, 2007, 07:42:21 PM

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

bah weep granah weep nini bon

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on April 25, 2019, 12:14:42 PM
That RX-7 I posted sold for $70K

No doubt. Far better than that overpriced ugly Supra.

Laconian

I used to think the saddle stitching on the TT's looked cool, but now it looks tacky to my eyes :cry:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on April 25, 2019, 02:02:59 PM
I used to think the saddle stitching on the TT's looked cool, but now it looks tacky to my eyes :cry:

You're nuts. I love the bb stitch interior.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on April 25, 2019, 02:02:59 PM

It's not......bad......but it's something I'd expect to see in a King Ranch F-150, not a TT. :lol:

Payman

BimmerM3

The stitching is kind of lame and kind of cool at the same time.

But the wooden steering wheel with the black center looks terrible.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on April 25, 2019, 07:10:15 PM
Smart motor choice......  :rockon: :lol:
Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 25, 2019, 07:15:57 PM
That's a weird way to spell "awesome."
He'd been better off with the Turbo T-bird. :huh:  Just seems like a whole lot of trouble just to fool someone at a stoplight.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 25, 2019, 07:18:54 PM
He'd been better off with the Turbo T-bird. :huh:  Just seems like a whole lot of trouble just to fool someone at a stoplight.

All go, no show.

Admirable in its singularity of purpose. Also, the Granada shared the Fox platform with the Mustang, so most of the engineering was done by others already, and its lighter than the T-bird.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

shp4man

Payman

The front plate is the cherry on top.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 25, 2019, 07:47:15 PM
I just wish they would fix the hood
Those streaks of rust dripping down the rear quarter panel are not going to help selling it.  Better off if he turned it into a rat rod.

giant_mtb

Payman

Better off putting the motor in something you don't need a tetanus shot for.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 25, 2019, 08:07:42 PM
Those streaks of rust dripping down the rear quarter panel are not going to help selling it.  Better off if he turned it into a rat rod.

"Fake aging" of "rat rods" is almost as obnoxious as fake hood scoops and side pipes. This is a rat rod.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 25, 2019, 08:17:44 PM
"Fake aging" of "rat rods" is almost as obnoxious as fake hood scoops and side pipes. This is a rat rod.
I guess it all depends on how well it's put together.  A bit of bracing in the engine bay would be a good sign.

Payman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 25, 2019, 08:17:44 PM

More like a rat resort.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV