Project Prelude: Part 1 [56k - go change your oil]

Started by Run Away, June 20, 2005, 09:26:08 PM

Raghavan

QuoteRicer style would be to buy 2 18" rims and put them on the rear wheels but leave the fronts stock and claim for them to be your "drag wheels".:P
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Fire It Up

If you put on bigger wheels, are you gonna drop it?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

QuoteIf you put on bigger wheels, are you gonna drop it?
i don't think Ben's a ricer....

Run Away

I'll drop the car before I get new wheels, new wheels are very expensive.
If I do get wheels, I'll have to drop it because it'll look really stupidly high up, not to mention the huge wheel gap.

H&R Sport Drop Springs on the white one is what I'm looking to get in a few years:

I really like those springs, but I might settle for Ground Control coilovers because winter driving would be horrible with a lowered car.

Raghavan

QuoteI'll drop the car before I get new wheels, new wheels are very expensive.
If I do get wheels, I'll have to drop it because it'll look really stupidly high up, not to mention the huge wheel gap.

H&R Sport Drop Springs on the white one is what I'm looking to get in a few years:

I really like those springs, but I might settle for Ground Control coilovers because winter driving would be horrible with a lowered car.
why don't you get the air bag suspension?

Run Away

:blink:
Because the Prelude isn't a lowrider...
Air bags also don't help improve handling much either, plut they're expensive.
$260 US for the Ground Control coilovers, I would lower the car during the summer then in the winter I could raise it back to stock height.

Raghavan

Quote:blink:
Because the Prelude isn't a lowrider...
Air bags also don't help improve handling much either, plut they're expensive.
$260 US for the Ground Control coilovers, I would lower the car during the summer then in the winter I could raise it back to stock height.
nvm... the ground control thingies do the same thing.

Fire It Up

Run Away

School is expensive, and work this summer is not working out.
I want more hours, they don't give me them, so I pick up other jobs, and they start interfering, etc..

Fire It Up

Run Away

Raghavan

QuoteNo, I'm going to college next year.
you have to pay for it??

Fire It Up

QuoteNo, I'm going to college next year.
you have to pay for it??
I guess he does.

Run Away

Not all of it, but I want to pay for as much as I can.

Unlika alot of people here, I work and manage my own money and buy all my own things. Parents just give me a monthly allowance for clothes, a little bit of spending money and other neccesities (sp) and I get to budget and use it as I want.

Raghavan

QuoteNot all of it, but I want to pay for as much as I can.

Unlika alot of people here, I work and manage my own money and buy all my own things. Parents just give me a monthly allowance for clothes, a little bit of spending money and other neccesities (sp) and I get to budget and use it as I want.
I don't get an allowance for clothes or anything. it's just birthday or work money. Hell, i don't even have a car!

Run Away

Yeah, but do your parents pay for your clothes? Your shoes? Your toiletries, your school outings and fees?

Raghavan

QuoteYeah, but do your parents pay for your clothes? Your shoes? Your toiletries, your school outings and fees?
yeah, but so do yours.

Run Away

Indirectly.
Like I said, I'm the one that manages all my money and purchases.
Say they give you $100 to buy any type of shoes you want.
Would you buy $30 cheap-o shoes and pocket the other $70 or spend it all on a good pair that will last 3 years?
I usually end up saving and only buying things when they are on sale or have a friend that works at the store and can give me a discount, etc.

Raghavan

QuoteIndirectly.
Like I said, I'm the one that manages all my money and purchases.
Say they give you $100 to buy any type of shoes you want.
Would you buy $30 cheap-o shoes and pocket the other $70 or spend it all on a good pair that will last 3 years?
I usually end up saving and only buying things when they are on sale or have a friend that works at the store and can give me a discount, etc.
see, it's much better for you. you can manage your money and buy whatever you want at whateever the price and pocket the rest, but i don't get extra money, and my parents just buy everything for me.