Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

CaminoRacer

what in tarnation

https://www.knfilters.com/ss-1008-oil-filter-billet

"A K&N reusable oil filter by Pure Power will last the lifetime of your vehicle under normal vehicle operating conditions. The filter housing, bypass valve and call plate are CNC machined from Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum. The mechanical filtration is accomplished with a dual woven T 304 stainless steel micro-screen that provides excellent engine protection while providing a substantial increase in oil flow when compared to standard disposable oil filters. "

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

r0tor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 13, 2020, 02:20:30 PM
what in tarnation

https://www.knfilters.com/ss-1008-oil-filter-billet

"A K&N reusable oil filter by Pure Power will last the lifetime of your vehicle under normal vehicle operating conditions. The filter housing, bypass valve and call plate are CNC machined from Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum. The mechanical filtration is accomplished with a dual woven T 304 stainless steel micro-screen that provides excellent engine protection while providing a substantial increase in oil flow when compared to standard disposable oil filters. "

I have to assume you can clean it out rather than throwing it out
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Throw it in a $3,000 ultrasonic bath for an hour. Once you do a million oil changes, you'll be saving money!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

I have $200 worth of K&N gift cards but they don't apply to those filters.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

Hoonicorn is probably a 8.8-9.3 second car.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

FoMoJo

cawimmer430

Priscilla getting her year-end servicing today.  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 23, 2020, 06:21:01 AM
Priscilla getting her year-end servicing today.  :ohyeah:

Approximately, how much does that cost?  The servicing cost for my Discovery Sport at the dealer is a ripoff.  I've found another mechanic service that's half the price and does a better job, plus loaner.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 23, 2020, 07:51:40 AM
Approximately, how much does that cost?  The servicing cost for my Discovery Sport at the dealer is a ripoff.  I've found another mechanic service that's half the price and does a better job, plus loaner.

My last service cost me around 400,- Euros, which is basically cheap for Mercedes' and German premium car standards. This was also with 19% VAT. I had similar dealer costs when I still drove the 2007 BMW 118i. Car ownership is not exactly cheap in Europe.

This service cost me 619,85- Euros (with 16% VAT due to COVID). They basically did the same things as last time except this time my brake pads had to be changed (blame the idiots on the Autobahn who force me to brake like a madman), I received fresh engine oil (5W-30 229.52 Quality) as well as a new air- and oil-filter. The car drives like a dream.

Software updates on the car's MBUX system happen automatically over the air. I recently asked MBUX to tell me a joke and she told me several new ones - this was after the last software update a few weeks ago.  :lol:

Back from her 2nd service. Freshly washed, vacuumed inside and with newly replaced wear and tear parts.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 23, 2020, 08:28:21 AM
My last service cost me around 400,- Euros, which is basically cheap for Mercedes' and German premium car standards. This was also with 19% VAT. I had similar dealer costs when I still drove the 2007 BMW 118i. Car ownership is not exactly cheap in Europe.

This service cost me 619,85- Euros (with 16% VAT due to COVID). They basically did the same things as last time except this time my brake pads had to be changed (blame the idiots on the Autobahn who force me to brake like a madman), I received fresh engine oil (5W-30 229.52 Quality) as well as a new air- and oil-filter. The car drives like a dream.

Software updates on the car's MBUX system happen automatically over the air. I recently asked MBUX to tell me a joke and she told me several new ones - this was after the last software update a few weeks ago.  :lol:

Back from her 2nd service. Freshly washed, vacuumed inside and with newly replaced wear and tear parts.

Not a bad cost with new brake pads.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 23, 2020, 08:48:18 AM
Not a bad cost with new brake pads.

Exactly.

My dad will have similar 400,- Euro costs with his B-Class. His previous 2010 E350 CGI was in the 800-900 Euro range, 1200+ if something worn and torn had to be changed.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

I need to charge VAT on my work :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Will

cawimmer430

Dad's B200 with RIAL M12 wheels. Damn, these wheels look better than the standard ones.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Yeah those look really good.

FoMoJo

Morris Minor

I took my G37 out today. It had been a long while, what with the icy weather, and then the CX-5 getting all the attention.
(Since the G's battery is three-years-old I keep it on a Ctek battery charger thingy that Harry Metcalfe recommends [Jay Leno too I think] - works great.)

There is one road here, ten miles into the nearest town, that is superb: nice straights, long open curves. And today I had a clear run in great weather. The G really enjoyed stretching her legs and getting some fresh air into her lungs.
I finally have two cars that I really enjoy driving. The CLK was close, but let down by the lack-of-roof floppiness.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Morris Minor

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 28, 2020, 06:43:09 PM

I love it, especially that blue.
(I'm glad to see blue coming back into fashion on new cars, after interminable decades of dreary monochrome: Tedious Silver, Uniform White, Boring Black.)
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

r0tor

I like the exterior way more than that interior on the waggin
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on December 29, 2020, 12:08:31 PM
I love it, especially that blue.
(I'm glad to see blue coming back into fashion on new cars, after interminable decades of dreary monochrome: Tedious Silver, Uniform White, Boring Black.)
On '49 to '51 Ford products, including my '51 Mercury, that colour was very prominent; though it never quite shined like that.

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on December 29, 2020, 01:51:49 PM
I like the exterior way more than that interior on the waggin
What I liked about the interior is that they kept it quite true to the original...

FoMoJo

I really like the 2000 GT, essentially developed by Yamaha and sold as a Toyota.  It embodied so many of the aspects of a '60s sports car, sleek, beautiful lines, a classic; although much borrowed from British and Italian design.  Great little inline 6 motor.

Toyota 2000GT Hommage Rendering Pays Proper Tribute To A Classic...Really?

This is a rendering of what some think is a "proper tribute."  I think it's a mess.

CaminoRacer

FoMoJo

Ram 2500 drivers more likely to have DUIs than other vehicle owners: U.S. report

Personally, I think they must've been drunk to buy it in the first place. :devil:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 30, 2020, 11:50:18 AM
Ram 2500 drivers more likely to have DUIs than other vehicle owners: U.S. report

Personally, I think they must've been drunk to buy it in the first place. :devil:

That's at least partially due to the "no credit score too low" tactic taken by many Dodge dealers.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 30, 2020, 12:41:30 PM
That's at least partially due to the "no credit score too low" tactic taken by many Dodge dealers.

Well, then either Nissan or Kia drivers are probably most likely to be high on crack while driving.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)