Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Laconian

Wow, over twice as likely to be drunk. Not surprised!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

shp4man

I'm curious what you guys think of the Nissan commercials with Brie Larson.
Personally, I think she's hot as hell, but some don't like the message of the first one. The second one isn't controversial that I know of.

cawimmer430

Last day of "cheap gasoline" in Kim Jong Merkel's Germany. Next year the carbon tax takes effect. Gasoline will be 7 cents more expensive per liter (Diesel 8 cents) + 19% VAT. On a liter of fuel that costs say 1.20 Euros, the German government rapes you and earns almost 80 cents from those 1.20.  :banghead:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

Good article...The 1965 Shelby Cobra Is Driving at Its Brightest

I can relate to this..."You know it's warm by the smell of oil and rubber wafting through the cockpit."

I miss that.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

FoMoJo

2022 Ford Maverick: Here It Is, Looking Compact and Surprisingly Trucky

This looks to be a handy runabout for the suburban week-end gardener and handyman.

One key surprise? That the Ford Maverick looks ... good. Not that we figured Ford would churn out something ugly, mind you, but given the truck's carlike unibody construction and the low bar set by the only other similarly constructed truck sold in America, the heretofore lame-looking but now truckier Honda Ridgeline, we supposed the Ford might resemble a miniature Chevy El Camino or something. A Ford Focus with a pickup bed. Plot twist—it looks like an actual truck!

AutobahnSHO

Will

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 09, 2021, 02:00:25 PM
2022 Ford Maverick: Here It Is, Looking Compact and Surprisingly Trucky

This looks to be a handy runabout for the suburban week-end gardener and handyman.

Bronco Sport is on that same platform and looks pretty truck-ish, not sure why it's so surprising that a pickup on that platform wouldn't also.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 10, 2021, 05:56:56 AM
Lol.
https://www.hotcars.com/stunning-classic-sports-cars-that-are-slower-than-a-modern-minivan/amp/

They lost me when they said the 912 was a trim line of the 911.

And Stingray wasn't a trim level of the C3 Corvette.  All '69 Corvettes said "Stingray" on them.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38609/a-florida-muscle-car-museum-is-selling-more-than-200-american-classics-at-no-reserve

I've been to this museum a few times (my dad lives nearby and we've gone every time I've visited).  It's an awesome collection.  Sad I won't get to see it again.
Needs more Jiggawatts

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 10, 2021, 05:56:56 AM
Lol.
https://www.hotcars.com/stunning-classic-sports-cars-that-are-slower-than-a-modern-minivan/amp/
Yes, 40 to 50 years of technological development should make a difference.  It's like comparing a Model T roadster to a '55 Corvette.

In other words, just plain silly.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MX793 on January 10, 2021, 07:01:06 AM
https://www.thedrive.com/news/38609/a-florida-muscle-car-museum-is-selling-more-than-200-american-classics-at-no-reserve

I've been to this museum a few times (my dad lives nearby and we've gone every time I've visited).  It's an awesome collection.  Sad I won't get to see it again.
WOW! I'd go crazy in there!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MX793

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C7 on January 10, 2021, 02:21:32 PM
WOW! I'd go crazy in there!

Yeah, guy had at least one of every year Corvette.  Pretty much all Chevy/GM, as I recall.  I think he had at least one of every generation of Camaro, including an original COPO.  Bunch of Chevelles, El Caminos, and a couple of Impalas and GTOs.  I think he had some of the Chevelle siblings like the 442 and GS.  I also recall there being some Corvairs in the mix.  Had some older (pre-muscle car era) stuff there too.  The place was just packed with cars.
Needs more Jiggawatts

cawimmer430

All you ever wanted to know about the Panther 6:ohyeah:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=biznymS8sTw

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

AutobahnSHO

You think you're in Georgia when

you're behind an Aztek behind a 4WD Tercel wagon on a cloverleaf interchange, then when you get onto the beltway a purple SSR passes you

LOL
Will

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 11, 2021, 10:04:04 AM
Awesome...1974 Alfa Romeo Barn Find Creates Awesome Father/Son Project

Alfas are special...

That is pretty cool. Car looks good even before the restoration, should be a gem afterwards.

FoMoJo

A little bit of American automotive history...The car that saved Ford

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 13, 2021, 10:13:57 AM
A little bit of American automotive history...The car that saved Ford

Fun piece. Shows that bold strategies can pay off.

(as contrasted with the 1996-1999 Taurus that knocked Ford off the "top selling car in USA" podium....)
Will

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on January 13, 2021, 01:34:55 PM
Where the hell are these barns

I found one in nowheresville, South Carolina. The barn was invisible, but the Geo Storm wasn't.

cawimmer430

The interior, the technology and the test drive at the end of this car is pretty cool. But I still want my future cars with a steering wheel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=47fmyXuVcgo

www.wimmerfotografie.de

veeman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 15, 2021, 05:28:11 AM
The interior, the technology and the test drive at the end of this car is pretty cool. But I still want my future cars with a steering wheel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=47fmyXuVcgo

That is really cool!

CaminoRacer

Apparently 280SL's had IRS.

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

That's a pretty impressive looking setup, especially the spring mounted over the diff.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 16, 2021, 04:14:08 PM
That's a pretty impressive looking setup, especially the spring mounted over the diff.

Yeah, what is the deal with that?

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 16, 2021, 04:15:43 PM
You'd think that it would have the effect of increasing "lean" going around corners.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 16, 2021, 04:15:43 PM

They call it a compensating spring. Apparently it creates a stiffer effective spring rate on the outside wheel when cornering hard.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator