2021 Audi RS5 Arrives In The US

Started by cawimmer430, September 30, 2020, 11:39:12 AM

cawimmer430

2021 Audi RS5 Arrives In The US With An Updated Face And Two New Limited Edition Models

Audi is introducing the updated RS5 lineup in North America for the 2021 model year, which includes not only a number of design revisions but two new limited-edition variants as well.

For 2021, the Audi RS5 is getting a wider and flatter version of the Singleframe front grille following the footsteps of the RS6 Avant and the RS7, together with a set of ventilation slits mounted right above it as a nod to the Audi Sport Quattro of the 1980s.

The wider fenders are still present, adding 30mm in girth compared to the regular A5/S5 models, the air inlets are now pentagon-shaped while there's an RS-specific rear diffuser combined with the large oval exhaust tailpipes.

Both the new Audi RS5 Coupe and Sportback models will feature Matrix LED headlights and LED taillights with dynamic turn signals and animation, while the interior will get the LED lighting plus package as standard, offering more than 30 different color combos for ambient lighting.

Perhaps the most noticeable update of the 2021 Audi RS5 is the new 10.1-inch touchscreen display for the infotainment system, which runs the latest MIB3 software and offers wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto via USB. Being an Audi Sport model also means that the system offers RS-specific displays with information on things like torque, power output, engine oil temperature, boost pressure, lap times, acceleration measurements, g-forces and the list goes on.

The engine in the 2021 Audi RS5 remains the same as before, meaning a twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 unit with 444 HP and 442 lb-ft of torque paired to an eight-speed Tiptronic automatic and a Quattro all-wheel-drive system with a sport rear differential as standard. Audi claims a 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds for the Coupe, and 3.8 seconds for the Sportback, as well as a 155 mph top speed.

As standard, the 2021 Audi RS5 is going to be offered with a fixed RS sport suspension, but customers can opt for the Dynamic Package that adds electronically adjustable dampers.

New Ascari and Black Optic Launch Editions

Audi will also offer the 2021 RS5 in the new Ascari and Black Optic launch editions, which will be available for both the Coupe and Sportback models.

The new Audi RS5 Ascari Launch Edition is going to be the rarest of the two, with just 25 Coupes and 100 Sportback examples planned. This limited edition of the RS5 is finished in the exclusive Ascari Blue Metallic paint and features matte aluminum detailing, 20-inch silver forged wheels, ceramic brakes with blue calipers, the carbon interior package, adaptive dampers, and the louder RS sport exhaust system among other.

As for the Audi RS5 Black Optic Launch Edition, which will be limited to 100 Coupes and 325 Sportback examples, it comes with 20-inch black alloys and features black badging and matching exterior elements, a black roof, matte carbon inlays, and the RS design package interior with red contrast stitching.

Prices for the 2021 Audi RS5 start from $75,100 for the Coupe and from $75,400 for the Sportback model. If you want one of the new special Launch Edition models, then you'll need at least $87,400 for the Audi RS5 Black Optic and $95,600 for the more exclusive RS5 Ascari Edition. All prices exclude a $1,045 destination and handling charge.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/2021-audi-rs5-arrives-in-the-us-with-an-updated-face-and-two-new-limited-edition-models/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

I always liked a lot how the A5 variants were styled.  It's a perfect Dad car because while it's meant to not routinely carry rear seat passengers, the extra rear doors and OK rear room for kids makes it not too much a compromise. 

The rear bumper/exhaust style on the cars posted looks not too good though.  That swoopy silver band is unnecessary.  Would look better without it.  The rest of the car looks great.

Speed_Racer

Is that suede or alcantara on the gearshift lever? Ew.

veeman

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 01, 2020, 11:02:44 AM

Well it's on the steering wheel too.  My guess is most drivers are not going to be having jobs where they have sweaty/dirty/greasy hands  :lol:  Still though I'd probably prefer regular leather which is much easier to clean.

Rich

They took the Full Diaperâ„¢ look to a whole new level
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FoMoJo

The only reason I would recognize it as an Audi is by the 4 little circles in the grille, otherwise, I would assume that it's just another Hyundai. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 01, 2020, 12:26:26 PM
The only reason I would recognize it as an Audi is by the 4 little circles in the grille, otherwise, I would assume that it's just another Hyundai. 

Hyundai mixed with a bit of the late Ford Fusion.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on October 01, 2020, 11:02:44 AM

Camaro 1LEs have suede shift knobs and steering wheels. I'd only buy a brand new one...
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV