2021 VW Golf GTD Brings 197 HP Diesel To The UK From £32,790

Started by cawimmer430, October 22, 2020, 06:45:29 AM

cawimmer430

2021 VW Golf GTD Brings 197 HP Diesel To The UK From £32,790

In a world where diesel engines are being phased out at a surprisingly high rate, VW still believes its 2.0-liter TDI unit can convince buyers, especially when putting down 197 HP (200 PS) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) in something like the all-new Golf GTD.

Its top speed and acceleration figures are pretty close to those of the GTI, with a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 7.1 seconds, with the help of a 7-speed DSG gearbox.

Aside from its dynamic prowess, the new GTD can also drive up to 600 miles (965 km) on a single tank of diesel.

UK buyers can finally begin placing orders for the GTD, with pricing starting from £32,790 ($43,000), which, aside from the previously-mentioned drivetrain also gets them a dynamic styling pack with an illuminated front grille, sporty bumpers and honeycomb LED front fog lights, as well as VW's IQ.Light LED matrix headlights and 18-inch 'Bakersfield' alloy wheels.

Other gear includes keyless entry, three-zone climate control system, integrated puddle lights for the foldable door mirrors, front sports seats finished in a grey version of Jacara cloth, an aluminum gear lever and a leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel with paddle shifters.

"The Golf GTD is the third member of the Golf GT trio, each one featuring a different set of characteristics. The iconic, enthusiast-focused Golf GTI and the ultra-low emissions Golf GTE plug-in hybrid are now joined by the high-torque, high-performance GTD," said VW UK Golf product manager, Dale Piper.

"The multi-award-winning new Golf family has options for everyone – petrol, diesel, mild hybrid, plug-in hybrid, performance petrol, and now performance diesel. With such a comprehensive powertrain line-up, it's little surprise that the Golf is one of the UK's top-selling cars, and with the GTD's blend of performance and usability, the UK's love affair with fast Golfs is set to continue."

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/2021-vw-golf-gtd-brings-197-hp-diesel-to-the-uk-from-32790/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

I have really warmed to the looks of this generation Golf, but I can't abide one that doesn't have a manual.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Golf GTD:

For when you want the appearance of an economical compact car, the driving experience of a sports car, and the ability to roll coal on Prius drivers like a Brodozer.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on October 24, 2020, 10:58:56 AM
I have really warmed to the looks of this generation Golf, but I can't abide one that doesn't have a manual.

The lower end models will have one. But the ever increasing EU[SSR] emissions craze mean that manuals are dead in upcoming newer cars.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on October 24, 2020, 11:41:28 AM
Golf GTD:

For when you want the appearance of an economical compact car, the driving experience of a sports car, and the ability to roll coal on Prius drivers like a Brodozer.

They're ideal for Germany's Autobahn. You can speed all day and the car will still deliver excellent fuel economy. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 25, 2020, 05:09:08 AM
The lower end models will have one. But the ever increasing EU[SSR] emissions craze mean that manuals are dead in upcoming newer cars.

Cars are dead to me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on October 27, 2020, 09:07:32 AM
Cars are dead to me.

How will you live in a world where governments literally force you to drive an EV?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 27, 2020, 02:03:38 PM
How will you live in a world where governments literally force you to drive an EV?

Anarchy sounds good
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)