The Craigslist/eBay/AutoTrader Thread

Started by TheIntrepid, November 08, 2007, 07:42:21 PM

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

shp4man

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Will

JWC

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 26, 2021, 07:53:03 PM
But does it have a rear windshield wiper??....   :lol:

When I read this my first thought was it was a reply to the penis car....then I caught "windshield".

CaminoRacer

OH I just read the whole ad. "The Carfax report shows "moderate to severe" damage in November 2015 and again in November 2016, and the front bumper was subsequently replaced. "

No wonder it's a decent price.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 26, 2021, 08:26:04 PM
OH I just read the whole ad. "The Carfax report shows "moderate to severe" damage in November 2015 and again in November 2016, and the front bumper was subsequently replaced. "

No wonder it's a decent price.

Funny; shit only shows up in Carfax if there's an insurance claim.

I can only imagine the insurance adjusters quote;

Bumper
bumper reinforcement
Glans support
Urethra damage...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rockraven on April 03, 2021, 08:47:34 PM
I love the '04-'06 GT. My favorite exotic after the F1.

People complained about powertrain but it truly is a beauty, and performs!!!
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 04, 2021, 07:25:37 PM
People complained about powertrain but it truly is a beauty, and performs!!!
A supercharged V8, six speed stick, nothing to complain about there. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

SJ_GTI

Yeah I don't recall any complaints about it, it was a hit right from the get go...I mean considering its price tag it was always going to be low volume. That being said Ford probably could have doubled the price and still sold the exact same number of them.

AutobahnSHO

People complained that if it was a "true supercar" it had to have a 10 or 12 cylinder.

But I agree, fantastic car, they could have doubled the asking price and would have sold all of them.

OR, I figure they could have bumped the price up enough to keep producing them and churning profit?...
Will

Payman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 05, 2021, 06:04:56 PM
People complained that if it was a "true supercar" it had to have a 10 or 12 cylinder.

But I agree, fantastic car, they could have doubled the asking price and would have sold all of them.

OR, I figure they could have bumped the price up enough to keep producing them and churning profit?...

Those people are idiots. The GT40 was a V8 car, and this GT was a faithful tribute to it. That being said it annoys me the current GT has a V6.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on April 05, 2021, 06:14:26 PM
Those people are idiots. The GT40 was a V8 car, and this GT was a faithful tribute to it. That being said it annoys me the current GT has a V6.
The earlier GT was, more or less, a tribute to the GT40.  The current GT is basically a purpose built track car with exotic attributes.

Still, I would rather have the earlier GT.

Payman

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 06, 2021, 10:14:14 AM
The earlier GT was, more or less, a tribute to the GT40.  The current GT is basically a purpose built track car with exotic attributes.

Still, I would rather have the earlier GT.

Same. Current one does nothing for me.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 05, 2021, 06:04:56 PM

Oh yeah, I do recall there being some the "not enough cylinders" or the engine being too plebian as it was introduced. I think most of it went away when people drove it though.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rockraven on April 06, 2021, 10:41:03 AM
Same. Current one does nothing for me.

I think they're fantastically gorgeous, and I've read they really perform.
Will

AutobahnSHO

NO LIE saw a red Ford GT in the middle of nowhere, SC. Passed the other way on a 55mph highway. Super sexy!
Will

Speed_Racer

CaminoRacer

I wonder what maintenance is like, especially compared to a 911? That's a much cheaper price than 911s go for.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 12, 2021, 01:06:13 PM
A great looking coupe, with the supercharged V8
https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7085001

Aluminum chassis, sounds like a bargain.  The AJ-V8 had good reviews.