The $250.00 air filter

Started by JWC, May 16, 2005, 09:30:41 PM

The Phantom

I hit a big-ass pothole in LA a few months ago.  Upon closer inspection of the tire with which I hit the hole, I noticed a bulge in the sidewall.  I wasn't sure if the bulge was already there, but it's likely it was caused by the encounter with the pothole.

Flash to a couple weeks ago when I had my car on a lift to change the oil, and I noticed the front driver side tire has a flappy piece of rubber right at the edge of the tread going right down to the steel belting.  I now have two tires that have questionable life expectancy, so I'm getting a whole new set of BFG g-Force T/A KDWs.  They're one step up from what the car came with (KDWSs), which are actually really good tires themselves.  I can only imagine how good the KDWs will be.

I should be fine until I get the tires replaced.  Pray for me anyway.  :D
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

280Z Turbo

I'm sure you'll be fine Troy although I'd get cheap tires if I had a GTO. :P  :lol:  B)  

The Phantom

QuoteI'm sure you'll be fine Troy although I'd get cheap tires if I had a GTO. :P  :lol:  B)
Yeah, because even with Generals on it, the car would handle well.
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

280Z Turbo

QuoteI'm sure you'll be fine Troy although I'd get cheap tires if I had a GTO. :P  :lol:  B)
Well, I just wouldn't want to be burning up expensive tires with that LS1. :lol:  

VTEC_Inside

QuoteI'm sure you'll be fine Troy although I'd get cheap tires if I had a GTO. :P? :lol:? B)
Well, I just wouldn't want to be burning up expensive tires with that LS1. :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...