Something REALLY wierd happened last night...

Started by 850CSi, June 10, 2005, 08:29:23 AM

93JC

Quotebut got it up to a good 6000 in 1st gear [similar conditions to what caused it to go south but around 1000 less RPM]
:o

So you had the car in first gear at 7000rpm...?  

<_< Gee, I wonder why shit might start to go wrong...

280Z Turbo

7000 in 1st won't get you anywhere fast except the local mechanic.

850CSi

Quotebut got it up to a good 6000 in 1st gear [similar conditions to what caused it to go south but around 1000 less RPM]
:o

So you had the car in first gear at 7000rpm...?  

<_< Gee, I wonder why shit might start to go wrong...
Redline's a bit over 6500, the rev limiter doesn't kick in until way after.

And no, it was neutral by then.

850CSi

QuoteOh, and I just got back from another trip. I think it's completely normal again.

If it acts up again, I'll try checking under the center console and changing the tranny fluid. Then again, I'm probably not keeping the A4 that long [unfortunately].
Why not keeping it for long?  :blink:
Because he is spoiled rotten :lol:. His dad is going to get him a nice new car when/if he gets accepted to University of Chicago or Northwestern.
The kid has a good memory, folks.

The reasons he gave, and that the Audi's miles are stacking up. I'm putting a lot of mileage on it, and I really don't want to be driving a late-90s A4 with over 90K miles everyday. Especially a Turbo. I wish I could keep the A4 forever... not the case.

Actually, we might decide as soon as ACT scores for tomorrow's test come out; if they're good enough.

It couldn't have been timed better. I saw 2 new E90s yesterday, and WOW those things were NICE...
I'm determined. I got a 28 on my first ACT, a 2000 on my SAT [I hate that test]. My target is no less than a 36. If I average my own records for every section of every practice ACT I have ever taken, I would end up with a 35. Those 'records' were all set within the past week, including one today (34 in Math).

Anything over a 32 is top 1%. I got this down, God willing.
I will be lucky to get a nice laptop for my graduation gift,  I wish I had your parents!
lol.

I did good today. My guess is around a 32-33. I think my top 1% goal was accomplished.
You did well today.  

Actually, I don't think so....
lol

Car forum, not essay... okay?

:lol:

Laconian

Hahahaha...

Yeah, if you don't feel like fixing the problem anytime soon it would probably be best to replace it ASAP. Let the future owner of your Audi deal with it, but don't let him experience it on the test drive! :)

If priced right you could probably dupe some high schooler to buy it in spite of the shifter issues.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

850CSi

It actually feels perfect again... I'm willing to bet there's nothing wrong with the tranny; no permanent damage happened in my little episode without 2 gears...

Raza

QuoteIt actually feels perfect again... I'm willing to bet there's nothing wrong with the tranny; no permanent damage happened in my little episode without 2 gears...
I doubt that.  People with poor grammar rarely have good luck.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteAnd come on guys, I'm more spoiled than any of you.
I will agree with that ;) :lol:  

Raza

QuoteAnd come on guys, I'm more spoiled than any of you.
I will agree with that ;) :lol:
:rockon:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteOh, and I just got back from another trip. I think it's completely normal again.

If it acts up again, I'll try checking under the center console and changing the tranny fluid. Then again, I'm probably not keeping the A4 that long [unfortunately].
Why not keeping it for long?  :blink:
Because he is spoiled rotten :lol:. His dad is going to get him a nice new car when/if he gets accepted to University of Chicago or Northwestern.
The kid has a good memory, folks.

The reasons he gave, and that the Audi's miles are stacking up. I'm putting a lot of mileage on it, and I really don't want to be driving a late-90s A4 with over 90K miles everyday. Especially a Turbo. I wish I could keep the A4 forever... not the case.

Actually, we might decide as soon as ACT scores for tomorrow's test come out; if they're good enough.

It couldn't have been timed better. I saw 2 new E90s yesterday, and WOW those things were NICE...
I'm determined. I got a 28 on my first ACT, a 2000 on my SAT [I hate that test]. My target is no less than a 36. If I average my own records for every section of every practice ACT I have ever taken, I would end up with a 35. Those 'records' were all set within the past week, including one today (34 in Math).

Anything over a 32 is top 1%. I got this down, God willing.
I will be lucky to get a nice laptop for my graduation gift,  I wish I had your parents!
lol.

I did good today. My guess is around a 32-33. I think my top 1% goal was accomplished.
You did well today.  

Actually, I don't think so....
lol

Car forum, not essay... okay?

:lol:
At least you know where you're at [sic].

:(  <_<  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SargeMonkey

Hmm that is very odd, our old corrola had some strange stuff happen, auto, it would hit 55 and shift into netral then back to drive, it was finaly sold for $200. any way there must have been a squirrle in the tranny.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.