Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 17, 2022, 04:05:06 PM
I have $600 in parts on order from the UK for the Tiger. I'm replacing a couple transmission gears and shifter components due to premature wear causing 2nd gear pop-out. Seems to be an issue with both the Explorer & Trophy, same 1215cc drivetrain.

Hopefully it's not too difficult a job - the transmission is a cassette-type so I don't have to disassemble much to access it. But that's a lot of little parts to keep organized lol

Sounds like a fun project. You should hand polish every gear while you're at it. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Speed_Racer

I will bring them to a priest and have them blessed and/or exorcised

Eye of the Tiger

It is officially motorcycle season around here. Beautiful day. SAVAGE did things.

Speed_Racer

The Italians know how to design gorgeous bikes.

Eye of the Tiger

Must be some kinda Moro Guzzi

Eye of the Tiger

Speed_Racer

Sideways v twin, built in knee warmers

Eye of the Tiger

Speaking of knee warmers, I'm honestly thinking about a Goldwing for touring. Even the older GL1200.

Eye of the Tiger

Ideally, a GL1800, but those things aren't as cheap as I think they should be.

SVT_Power

Went for a little ride with a buddy with a Superduke. I knew the SV is slow, but holy moly that KTM is a fucking rocket. We were already cruising at highway speed, then he decided to power wheelie the thing for a few seconds.

me jelly.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on May 06, 2022, 01:28:41 PM
Went for a little ride with a buddy with a Superduke. I knew the SV is slow, but holy moly that KTM is a fucking rocket. We were already cruising at highway speed, then he decided to power wheelie the thing for a few seconds.

me jelly.

Lol.
SAVAGE can barely do 80 MPH.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 06, 2022, 02:31:27 PM
Lol.
SAVAGE can barely do 80 MPH.

Dirtbike can touch 70.  If you're going downhill with a tail wind.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 06, 2022, 04:08:21 PM
Dirtbike can touch 70.  If you're going downhill with a tail wind.

SAVAGE can't touch dert. Only ride on pavement. Only sunny days. Polish chrome every day.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 07, 2022, 02:44:29 PM
SAVAGE can't touch dert. Only ride on pavement. Only sunny days. Polish chrome every day.

Is Polish chrome expensive?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 07, 2022, 03:57:18 PM
Is Polish chrome expensive?

Its what we used to call duct tape back in the day.

Mexican chrome was chrome spray paint.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 07, 2022, 04:17:50 PM
Its what we used to call duct tape back in the day.

Mexican chrome was chrome spray paint.

:lol: :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

My Shoei RF1000 that I bought in 2003-ish has reached the end of its life,  not to mention I already crashed with it once. Not wanting to spend $500 on a new Shoei, I decided to order an HJC i10 in Safety White. $160. HJC is probably one of the best values in helmets. We'll see.

Speed_Racer

I rode w/ HJCs for years - good value! Bt they must have adjusted their helmet shapes recently - the i70 I bought a few years ago gave me headaches. I switched to LS2 and they're much more comfortable for my head shape

Eye of the Tiger

I got a large, and it's just a bit tight, which should be perfect once it breaks in. So far, seems very nice.

Speed_Racer

Been commuting 100% on the Tiger for the past several weeks - really nice with gas prices lately.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on May 25, 2022, 11:29:10 PM
Been commuting 100% on the Tiger for the past several weeks - really nice with gas prices lately.

Same with the Miata. Tiny tank and good gas mileage, barely makes a difference at the gas station.

Today I drove the El Camino which will probably cost me $30/day. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CaminoRacer

I want one of these. I can take surface streets to my office and our other warehouse/production facility.

https://jalopnik.com/super73s-new-c1x-concept-attempts-to-be-the-perfect-urb-1848657787

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

That looks awesome - electric Grom energy

Eye of the Tiger

Almost got run over today by a nitwit running a red light. Of course, then they speed up and start following me. I didn't even flip them off!
I need a faster bike. 31 HP is barely enough to escape road raging fuckheads.

Eye of the Tiger

I really like the Rebel 1100. It has cruise control. I'm just worried about the luggage options.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 15, 2022, 03:46:04 PM
I really like the Rebel 1100. It has cruise control. I'm just worried about the luggage options.

Backpack on a sissy bar?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on June 19, 2022, 10:55:28 AM
Backpack on a sissy bar?

I'll get one of those 6-foot tall sissy bars and just stack luggage bags on it.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on June 20, 2022, 09:07:01 PM
Sissy bar? Lol

Probably an incorrect term at this point, but I honestly don't know what else to call them.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator