Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

68_427

If Tirerack still has the $100 main in rebate next pay day I'll be getting some Pilot Super Sports.

The funny thing is my dad finally saw the stock wheels and tires that I put on my old car.  He said "yeah those things are fucking ugly.  I admire that you're going to put them back on your car and drive it like that."

:lol:   Haven't told him.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Xer0

Winter is coming up, and I need to buy some floor mats.

AutobahnSHO

I really really want a Flex. I liked them when they came out, I have always had an unhealthy obsession with wagons.

But sat in one for sale last week (had a few minutes to kill so we looked at used cars next to the restaurant where we were meeting friends). And really really really want. Sigh.
Will

ifcar

68_427

Averaged 32mpg my last tank. 
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

The $1K Miata on the right.

Beside the broken steering and needing new brake pads the car drive great.  The 1.8 also feels much better than the 1.6 IMO.  What a steal, my friend got lucky finding that car.
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 68_427 on September 18, 2014, 10:04:04 AM
The $1K Miata on the right.

Beside the broken steering and needing new brake pads the car drive great.  The 1.8 also feels much better than the 1.6 IMO.  What a steal, my friend got lucky finding that car.

You had me at $1k miata with hardtop.
Will

280Z Turbo

The hardtop is worth that much.

68_427

Has drilled and slotted rotos, flying miata subframe braces, flying miata cat back, and upgraded stereo.
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on September 18, 2014, 01:08:05 PM
The hardtop is worth that much.

I know!!!!!!   Amazing!

Quote from: 68_427 on September 18, 2014, 04:35:45 PM
Has drilled and slotted rotos, flying miata subframe braces, flying miata cat back, and upgraded stereo.

sweet sweet sweet deal!!!
Will

Laconian

Mine was worth $1300. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AltinD

Some times back I heard the head of Cadillac talking about their new flagship full-size sedan in the works, saying that he was surprised of how great of the job Mercedes did with the S-class, and he didn't think they had it in them.  :wtf: :banghead:

WTF, if I was the GM CEO, i would had fired him right away   :pee:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

hotrodalex

MVI 2008

What a turrible track. Safety inspection is obvious non-existent and both drivers obviously shouldn't drive anything more powerful than a 4 cyl Accord.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

A lot of those types of cars are complete hack job posers. I would not be surprised if those harness/seat belt anchors failed on impact.

Soup DeVille

Ehhh, just another Wednesday test and tune run gone wrong...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

mzziaz

Love it when the fett comes out of the windshield.
Cuore Sportivo

FoMoJo

He walked out of there like he was carrying a load.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

nutty!   That dude in the other lane was all over the place
Will

280Z Turbo

Quote from: mzziaz on September 22, 2014, 12:19:48 AM
Love it when the fett comes out of the windshield.

Fett?

Rupert

You didn't see Boba Fett?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Rupert on September 22, 2014, 12:55:38 PM
You didn't see Boba Fett?

Looks like he got a different helmet.

Rupert

Easier to see out of.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Quote from: GoCougs on September 22, 2014, 12:06:47 AM
A lot of those types of cars are complete hack job posers. I would not be surprised if those harness/seat belt anchors failed on impact.

Tech guy at the Goodguys autocross has told stories of guys trying to run with the seat belts zip tied to floor.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 22, 2014, 03:45:55 PM
Tech guy at the Goodguys autocross has told stories of guys trying to run with the seat belts zip tied to floor.

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :nutty:  :nutty:  :nutty:  :nutty:
Will

MexicoCityM3

Battery went on the E46. Didn't start last night after 3 weeks parked. Getting a new one delivered & installed later at lunch. Was due anyway, $170. Hope that's it for a while.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

AutobahnSHO

Will

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 24, 2014, 10:43:26 AM
ouch!

Yep. I will decide by the end of the year if I keep all 3 cars or sell one if it is too much of a headache.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)