Interesting but worrisome look at VR30DDTT turbos

Started by 12,000 RPM, May 20, 2017, 08:25:53 PM

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Char

It's at its limit in Stock form so you can't mod it.

Increasing the inlet size, better cooling and some good tuning is where it's at.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

12,000 RPM

I was going to say these things come off so you can at least swap the turbo, but then I don't know what will happen with all this high tech sensor stuff. IMO money would be better spent on an LSD and getting the paddle shifts to respond within less than 2 seconds. Nissan needs to leverage that GT-R tech
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

The sensors are probably at least good for the turbo's lifespan
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 21, 2017, 09:26:35 AM
I was going to say these things come off so you can at least swap the turbo, but then I don't know what will happen with all this high tech sensor stuff. IMO money would be better spent on an LSD and getting the paddle shifts to respond within less than 2 seconds. Nissan needs to leverage that GT-R tech

Some of that sensor crap can be coded out, but you're talking big noney if you want to upgrade turbos. Nissan purposely made the turbos small and provided a lot of auxiliary cooling and monitoring because they wanted these turbos at the limit. With such a low ceiling, you can't mod these cars...
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.