Meet Flash

Started by Rich, August 07, 2021, 06:55:21 AM

Rich

I'll be moving to Ithaca, NY this fall and wanted to get a car for the winter commute.  With used car prices the way they are, I was going to wait until I moved to NY and hope the prices would come down a bit.  Will came through clutch and offered a great deal on their 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 112k miles.  He installed a CarPlay/AA headunit already, and it drives great.  The AC blows cold which is great for the summer here, but it will be such a great commuter in the winter, too. 

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

shp4man

Still bright red. Must have been garaged.

Submariner

A good looking car that appears to have been taken well care of.  Congratulations.

What are you doing moving to Ithaca?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

MrH

Wait, so you sold your miata to Will, and now Will sold his Impreza to you? :wtf:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

0-60 mph in 0.0000000001 seconds?  :lol:

Congrats!  :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on August 07, 2021, 10:45:43 AM
Wait, so you sold your miata to Will, and now Will sold his Impreza to you? :wtf:

:lol:  yup. I didn't want to spoil anything before Rich said something.

My wife bought Impreza new remembering the 78 Subie wagon we used to beat up in high school (I drove it 1992-1993 then actually drove it for a year of college too).

The car only had 68k miles on it when we married in 2014. It over heated a bunch in GA but the dealership couldn't figure it out so we preemptively did a used motor swap in NY in 2016.

Great great great snow car!

With my being gone for a year and hoping to get something more "southern"/hybrid or EV later, I figured Rich could benefit from the car now.

Kinda silly that my biggest complaint was the rear visibility- tinted window and high trunk- was just solved at Christmas with the head unit and rear camera. Oh well. :thumbsup:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on August 07, 2021, 08:34:43 AM
Still bright red. Must have been garaged.

Nope! Lived outdoors in Utah until 2014, then SC, garage 2016-2019 then outdoors again.
Will

veeman

It's great when fellow carspinners meet and greet.  It's even better when they swap cars :muffin:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on August 08, 2021, 08:32:48 PM
It's great when fellow carspinners meet and greet.  It's even better when they swap cars :muffin:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Will

Lebowski

2005?

That car looks brand new.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Lebowski on August 13, 2021, 07:50:13 AM
2005?

That car looks brand new.

Rich does amazing detail work! Good pictures too.
Will

Rich

Will and his wife took pretty good care of the car.  I just sanded and polished the headlights and a few scratches.

I found it has heated seats!  This will be an awesome winter car.  It's proving its worth in the summer, too.  I haven't driven the Miata in just over a week (the lows have also been in the 70s with 90% humidity with highs in the 90s with heat indexes in the 107 range).

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rich on August 14, 2021, 07:31:37 AM
Will and his wife took pretty good care of the car.  I just sanded and polished the headlights and a few scratches.

I found it has heated seats!  This will be an awesome winter car.  It's proving its worth in the summer, too.  I haven't driven the Miata in just over a week (the lows have also been in the 70s with 90% humidity with highs in the 90s with heat indexes in the 107 range).

:lol: You might want to read the manual. Some Subaru quirks. ;)

The button on top of the steering column turns on the park lights when the key is "off". You can drain the battery out if someone bumps it or plays with it and doesn't turn it off!!!!! 
Will