My wife's looking at replacing her 2016 Honda Pilot with a Lexus GX460.

Started by NomisR, August 07, 2021, 05:01:07 PM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

NomisR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 16, 2021, 09:55:46 AM
Congrats from me!

HOW DARE YOU from Greta!

:thumbsup:

The V8 is awesome.  My office is right above the garage and when my wife started the car to pick up the kids the other day.. man it sounds great!

cawimmer430

Quote from: NomisR on October 16, 2021, 12:52:34 PM
The V8 is awesome.  My office is right above the garage and when my wife started the car to pick up the kids the other day.. man it sounds great!

V8s are awesome. I love driving my dad's '89 500SL and blowing out CO2! :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

And people say BMW grills have gotten too big  :lol:

Congratulations! 

CALL_911

I dig it. I think the spindle grill actually works well here. Did you guys buy this or lease it? Here's a car that's gonna be good for the long, long run

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

NomisR

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 17, 2021, 01:45:10 PM
I dig it. I think the spindle grill actually works well here. Did you guys buy this or lease it? Here's a car that's gonna be good for the long, long run

Bought it, it's meant to be a long term car, should be bullet proof.

Took it "off roading" again this weekend.  I realized while this truck can do it, I need to take off the running boards, I scraped a couple times getting down some rocks.  And this trail is suppose to be rated "easy" too.  Might end up lifting it in the future too.  :lol:

NomisR

Taking the car "off road".. it's more dirt and rocky paths.. although I did have to climb down bigger rocks where I scraped the mud guard on the first path..  and that was considered a "easy" path according to the ratings. 

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 16, 2021, 03:03:54 PM
Hardcore AF

Not at all, it was at best some big rocks that a truck with some clearance  would be able to tackle.. but it was entertaining to  go places with nobody around though.

Soup DeVille

Trail ratings;

easy; 2WD cars. probably shouldn't be lowered, but whatever.

moderate; AWD on street tires, or 2WD with good clearance and a lack of fucks to give

hard; stock 4WD.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2021, 04:31:43 PM
Trail ratings;

moderate; AWD on street tires, or 2WD with good clearance and a lack of fucks to give

hard; stock 4WD.

Hard: my mom's driveway in the winter. :lol:

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 16, 2021, 04:34:47 PM
Hard: my mom's driveway in the winter. :lol:

There is a joke to be made here but I am a gentleman so I shall refrain.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Submariner on November 16, 2021, 05:03:45 PM
There is a joke to be made here but I am a gentleman so I shall refrain.

:rage:
It is no joke seeing the Amazon Prime Sprinter van wheel hopping up the driveway in dry weather.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 16, 2021, 05:23:31 PM
:rage:
It is no joke seeing the Amazon Prime Sprinter van wheel hopping up the driveway in dry weather.
Is that why you welded your differential?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 16, 2021, 05:28:51 PM
Is that why you welded your differential?

Yeah, that is a probably the main reason. You simply can't leave the house with 2wd on a snowy day.

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2021, 04:31:43 PM
Trail ratings;

hard; stock 4WD.

That's why i'm wondering because the one i went on 2 weeks ago felt more like a moderate than an easy.  It definitely wasn't some dirt roads  Most sections I would agree but there was one section where i would question the clearance on.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NomisR on November 16, 2021, 05:44:15 PM
That's why i'm wondering because the one i went on 2 weeks ago felt more like a moderate than an easy.  It definitely wasn't some dirt roads  Most sections I would agree but there was one section where i would question the clearance on.

To be fair; it really depends on the area you're in. In Michigan, we have a lot of idiots that think their vehicle runs on "Ford" or "Chevy" magic and get stuck in the stupidest of ways.

I assume in Moab, the ratings are more true to reality.

(as an aside, hiking trail ratings in Australia aren't comparable to those in the US either).
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

NomisR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2021, 06:03:55 PM
To be fair; it really depends on the area you're in. In Michigan, we have a lot of idiots that think their vehicle runs on "Ford" or "Chevy" magic and get stuck in the stupidest of ways.

(as an aside, hiking trail ratings in Australia aren't comparable to those in the US either).

No mud in this area, mostly dirt and lots of rocks, and maybe sand.  Sand is definitely interesting. 

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 16, 2021, 06:03:55 PM

Correct, although UTVs can be a bit of a cheat code compared to Jeeps/other 4x4s.

https://www.cruisemoab.com/trail-ratings/

#6 is as high as I go, because "Vehicle mechanical or body damage is likely. Roll over possibilities exist." is not my idea of a fun vacation.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2021, 02:08:51 PM
Correct, although UTVs can be a bit of a cheat code compared to Jeeps/other 4x4s.

#6 is as high as I go, because "Vehicle mechanical or body damage is likely. Roll over possibilities exist." is not my idea of a fun vacation.

Funny, they call out A-TRAC specifically, but not other electronic systems.

AutobahnSHO

my favorite drive was up the switchbacks up "white mountain" above Rock Springs WY. One spring in a dumpy 1978 Subaru wagon with 3 people we passed work trucks that had gotten stuck and abandoned. :lol:

On top it's remarkably FLAT. So weird. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Mountain_(Wyoming)#/media/File:WhiteMountainWY.jpg
Will

NomisR

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 17, 2021, 02:08:51 PM

Based on the description, i think the worse road i've been on is a 4.