SAVAGE

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 08, 2021, 06:19:13 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Thinking about planning an Iron Butt Challenege. 1000 miles in 24 hours.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

SAVAGE Today
Replaced front brake pads and brake fluid.
Rode SAVAGE back and forth in the shop.
Used SAVAGE as mobility device to inspect vehicles and ensure customer satisfaction.

Eye of the Tiger

Submariner

Is that a picture of you on SAVAGE?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

After fiddling with some things and putting in an LED headlight bulb, I took SAVAGE for a spin. After about 0.03 miles, I decided it was too damn cold to ride without a helmet.

Eye of the Tiger

Did a bit of SAVAGE work, today. Got a RAM phone mount for the handlebar. Not cheap, but high quality and a snap to use.. Mounted a USB power socket on the handlebar, which doubles as a connection for the battery trickle charger.

Eye of the Tiger

I ordered some heavy duty rear coil overs from Progressive Suspension. Should lift the rear end 1-1.5 inches. More cornering clearance, ground clearance, and load capacity. Coming soon.

Eye of the Tiger

Also got some saddle bags and universal brackets. Welding required. Shits gonna be mad tyte.

Eye of the Tiger

SAVAGE now has heavy duty rear shocks, dirt bike handlebars, and Vans shoe grips. No pics yet. Grip glue is still drying.

Eye of the Tiger

This thing is legit a totally different bike.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

I'm going to mount some 50 cal ammo cans for saddle bags. Actual hard bags are stupid expensive, and nobody makes them for SAVAGE. It will be necessary to relocate the rear turn signals, so I'll probably just put them on the boxes.

Soup DeVille

Make sure you pin the hinges so the lids don't fall off. (many people don't realize they're removable until too late)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 09, 2022, 04:55:50 PM
Make sure you pin the hinges so the lids don't fall off. (many people don't realize they're removable until too late)

I'll weld the hinges

Eye of the Tiger

After I bolt on the ammo cans and a mini windscreen, I might get a cushy seat cover. I think that will be just about it for SAVAGE. It will be ready to go across the country.

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Those look surprisingly good.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 14, 2022, 11:55:29 AM
Those look surprisingly good.

Thanks.
I'm not thrilled about the cheap LED turn signals that I got from Amazon, but they work.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Speed_Racer

Eye of the Tiger

I rode SAVAGE a couple hours today.
I went up to Springfield, MA and bought my first legal cannabis.
I don't know when I'm going to smoke it. It just wanted to exercise my legal right under one state's law.
:rastaman:

Eye of the Tiger

After my long ride, SAVAGE decided to start leaking oil out the clutch cover. I could tell because the engine started rattling when the oil got low.
I guess I have to fix that.

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

After another 90 mile highway trip, it is very apparent that SAVAGE is not made for interstate cruising. It doesn't have the power and the vibrations are butt-numbing. And the engine starts to rattle or ping. I can't tell exactly because of other noises, but I'll try an octane booster.

Eye of the Tiger

SAVAGE could use a little shot of nitrous oxide. Yeah?

FoMoJo

You want to be careful where that piston ends up.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 19, 2022, 07:55:31 AM
You want to be careful where that piston ends up.
:hmm: