Tesla Model 3 Super Long Range + 3 Minute Charging Revealed

Started by cawimmer430, December 29, 2021, 03:37:15 PM

cawimmer430

Finally.  :devil:  :ohyeah:

A Wrecked Tesla Model 3 Will Soon Be Transformed With A Cummins Diesel Engine

Not too long ago, popular YouTuber Rich Rebuilds made headlines when he created a V8-powered Tesla Model S. He has now started work on his latest project, this time involving a Model 3 and a different engine swap.

The aim is to take a wrecked Model 3 and fit it with a diesel Cummins 4BT engine. The car will become known as the Tesla Model D and in this first video in the series, the YouTuber purchases a wrecked Model 3 and begins the process of cleaning it up and getting it ready for the huge transformation it is set to undergo.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAWa3aHExE

The Cummins 4BT displaces 3.9 liters and is cast-iron. It is extremely large and extremely heavy, weighing approximately 750 lbs, and sketches show that it will stick out from the Model 3's engine bay. In fact, there will be no way for the Tesla's hood to be retained, meaning the Cummins engine will be on full display for the world to see.

Sketches of the car also show that it will have a large smoke stack exiting right out of the engine and be equipped with flared fenders and unique wheels. Thus, whereas the V8 Tesla Model S that Rich Rebuilds recently created was designed to look like a normal Model S from the outside, this Model 3 will be far less subtle.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/a-wrecked-tesla-model-3-will-soon-be-transformed-with-a-cummins-diesel-engine/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Rich is trolling Tesla, who's done some shady things and has been a real bastard when it comes to right to repair issues.

They won't let cars with salvage or rebuilt VINs charge on their network for starters, so converting them to ICE cars is the only way to avoid the scrap pile.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

A diesel Tesla is only a troll build. It's gonna be worse than a normal Tesla is almost every way.

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 29, 2021, 03:53:38 PM
Rich is trolling Tesla, who's done some shady things and has been a real bastard when it comes to right to repair issues.

They won't let cars with salvage or rebuilt VINs charge on their network for starters, so converting them to ICE cars is the only way to avoid the scrap pile.

I rarely use public chargers, so a salvage could still be useful even without the supercharger network. Just not useful for roadtrips.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 29, 2021, 04:08:30 PM
A diesel Tesla is only a troll build. It's gonna be worse than a normal Tesla is almost every way.

I think it really depends on what you as a driver need. A traveling salesman or someone who has to drive long distances will appreciate range and quick refueling. That is still the EVs biggest drawback.

When I go on a long-distance trip I like my refueling to be quick - refuel the car, pay for it, take a leak and maybe buy a snack; 10 minutes max stay at the filling station. I also like to cruise at higher speeds (150-160 km/h) on the Autobahn - speeds which would drain the battery of any EV rather quickly.

No doubt battery technology will improve, but right now it's just not there for me.

Side note, met my friend with her BMW i3S today and her range just drops like a rock due to the cold weather here. She has no garage and has to park the car out on the street. The next charger is about 1 km from her place. She tells me she charges the car to full, drives home and the next day the charge is down from 100% to 90%. Battery is still relatively new according to her (car was bought used with about 14,000 km on the clock).

But she only uses the car to drive from her home to her workplace, which is a distance of about 5-6 km. EVs are ideal for this type of commuting in the city.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 29, 2021, 04:08:30 PM

I rarely use public chargers, so a salvage could still be useful even without the supercharger network. Just not useful for roadtrips.

Also, you can't get parts without a clean VIN, and you have to disable some thing in the software to make it run. Rich goes into all this, its pretty interesting.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 29, 2021, 04:41:21 PM
Also, you can't get parts without a clean VIN, and you have to disable some thing in the software to make it run. Rich goes into all this, its pretty interesting.

Yeah, I've seen some of his videos. Pretty ridiculous sometimes.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV