Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Oh man, a puke green W123 AND a Trans Am. Excellent post.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

The Alfa is the winner, but the Merc green is pretty nice.  Should be a bit darker.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Will

shp4man

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 10, 2022, 10:34:10 AM
How does a 2-speed Powerglide automatic feel and drive like? I imagine the gear ratios are very high and the fuel economy is pretty bad, right?

The design of the torque converter made the lack of gears more tolerable.
The old Powerglide was incredibly durable and dependable.
Plus in 1966 gas was 25 cents a gallon.   :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on April 11, 2022, 01:09:21 PM
I think the term "slush box" referred to the Powerglide.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man link=topic=977.msg2540046#msg2540046date=1649704161

Wish we had those gas prices back. Here we're paying $2.17 (2 Euros) per 0.26 US gallon.  :cry:

But how did a 2-speed transmission feel like? I imagine the car was pretty... slow or lethargic and could not be driven sporty with basically only two gears?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 12, 2022, 02:35:25 AM
Wish we had those gas prices back. Here we're paying $2.17 (2 Euros) per 0.26 US gallon.  :cry:

But how did a 2-speed transmission feel like? I imagine the car was pretty... slow or lethargic and could not be driven sporty with basically only two gears?

They actually worked pretty well. You also have to realize that cars weren't geared for more than about 100 mph.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 12, 2022, 04:25:55 AM
They actually worked pretty well. You also have to realize that cars weren't geared for more than about 100 mph.

Cool. I sometimes feel that the 4-speed in my dad's 500SL lacks some extra gears, so I just can't imagine a 2-speed transmission...  :tounge:

Vintage Oldsmobile:wub:

THE RUSSIANS ARE IN MUNICH!  :lol: A vintage civilian version GAZ 452! You don't see this everyday!

Possible next-generation BMW 7-Series?

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Man, it just occurred to me that manufacturer's camo wraps like that probably play hell with self-driving software.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

The Olds is a '62 Starfire. '62 was the only year they had that somewhat odd looking square piece on the door trim.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 13, 2022, 02:07:12 PM
Man, it just occurred to me that manufacturer's camo wraps like that probably play hell with self-driving software.

LOL. Camo wraps will become illegal once the self driving machines take over. All vehicles will have mandatory directional paint markings, and pedestrians will have to wear safety vests with QR codes.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 13, 2022, 02:26:40 PM
LOL. Camo wraps will become illegal once the self driving machines take over. All vehicles will have mandatory directional paint markings, and pedestrians will have to wear safety vests with QR codes.

100%
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 13, 2022, 02:07:12 PM

Good. Anything that prevents these self-driving cars from hitting the market is a good thing. I love doing the driving myself! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

US-spec Fiat 124 Spider in Mühldorf am Inn.

TERROR MACHINE (for climate hysterics) in Mühldorf am Inn. :praise:

Porsche 911E 2.4 Targa

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Metal Melisha, an off road motorcycle enthusiast company. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on April 19, 2022, 09:43:07 PM
Metal Melisha, an off road motorcycle enthusiast company. 

If it pisses off Greta it's cool in my book.  :mrcool:

Citroen Traction Avant, looks like a post-World War II model.

Original Range Rover 5-Door

Gorgeous Porsche 911.  :wub:

Lamborghini Aventador

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Sweet Nissan Quest 3.5 V6 in Munich! This performance minivan was never sold here! #Exotic

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

What about the Ferrari, or are they more common over there?

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 22, 2022, 06:31:49 AM
What about the Ferrari, or are they more common over there?

That was kind of the joke... me focusing on the Nissan when there's a Ferrari in front of it. :lol:

But in this case the Nissan Quest is a rare car here. It also had Ukrainian plates so I am guessing they were sold over there.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Ferrari LaFerrari and Lamborghini Aventador Roadster in downtown Munich.

Classic Range Rover 5-Door in Munich.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Porsche 911 GT (993) in downtown Munich.

Lotus Exige 420 Sport Final Edition in Munich.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Second generation 1994-1998 Ford Scorpio Wagon in downtown Munich. They never sold well here and are very rare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Scorpio

Lotus Esprit V8

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

cawimmer430

First generation Mitsubishi Pajero. It had historic plates and looked well-cared for.

Alfa Romeo Spider Series II

Mercedes-Benz 220S (W180). The message on the rear window reads: "The most sustainable car is that which has already been produced." Internal Combustion Engine 1 : Electric Car 0  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Downtown Munich on a Sunday afternoon: Bugatti Chiron and Ferrari LaFerrari.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

The Chiron is one of the best examples of a modern design that captures the beauty and elegance of the original Bugatti design (language).  Achim Anscheidt, his design studio, did a remarkable job.  Beautiful car.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 02, 2022, 08:32:51 AM
The Chiron is one of the best examples of a modern design that captures the beauty and elegance of the original Bugatti design (language).  Achim Anscheidt, his design studio, did a remarkable job.  Beautiful car.

I think it and the Veyron are two of the best looking cars ever.

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 (W116).  :wub:

Fiat 1500 Convertible

Corvette Stingray with Cross-Fire-Injection

Mercedes-Benz 230SL "Pagoda" (W113)

1981-1984 Audi 80 Quattro (B2)

Love the lush dark green on this Porsche 911SC G-Model.  :wub:

With [eco] communism becoming popular in [Western] Germany, this obviously eco-conscious and planet-saving hippie ordered his Zastava 750 early! Oh wait, made in a country which does not exist anymore...  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Speed_Racer

Snapped this at a local restoration shop. They always have lots of cool vehicles in their lot in various stages of restoration or repair.
Semi-related, a '70 Plum Crazy Challenger was my dad's first car. He paid for it by delivering pizzas. Those were different times...