DS3 Crossback Lands In The UK With Four Engines, Five Trim Levels

Started by cawimmer430, February 12, 2019, 02:29:14 AM

cawimmer430

Funky little thing. Great interior.

DS3 Crossback Lands In The UK With Four Engines, Five Trim Levels

DS has published the official price list of the new DS3 Crossback, the brand's alternative to the Audi Q2, for the UK market.

Available in the United Kingdom in 15 distinct models and the lineup includes the Elegance, Performance Line, Prestige and Ultra Prestige trim levels as well as the new La Premiere Launch Edition.

Pricing kicks off from £21,550 ($27,878/€24,611) for the Elegance PureTech 100 Manual, which comes with plenty of standard features such as 17-inch wheels, chrome accents, rear parking sensors and automatic halogen headlights. Air conditioning, keyless start, a 7-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, DAB radio, USB port, hill-start assist, speed limit warning, emergency braking and lane keeping assist are also standard.

For the base DS3 Crossback Performance Line PureTech 100 Manual, clients will have to pay at least £22,950 ($29,690/€26,210). In return, they get different wheels, gloss black trim, tinted rear windows, LED taillights, Alcantara upholstery, w leather-wrapped steering wheel and central armrest, and aluminum pedals.

The Prestige grade adds front parking sensors, Bastille Leather, 3D navigation system and Wi-Fi, automatic air conditioning, rain-sensing windscreen wipers, 10-inch touchscreen display, and frameless electrochromatic rearview mirror. This version starts at £24,950 ($32,277/€28,494) in the PureTech 100 Manual guise.

Opting for the Ultra Prestige gets you 18-inch wheels, Matrix LED headlights, LED DRLs, keyless entry&go, head-up display, black Nappa leather seats, front heated seats with massage function and a few other things. The Ultra Prestige kicks off at £30,950 ($40,039/€35,346) for the PureTech 130 Automatic.

Sitting above the Ultra Prestige is the Launch Edition, with the Art Rubis Nappa leather seats, wireless charging pad, high-beam assist, active cruise control with stop&go function, lane keeping assist, active blind spot detection, speed limit recognition and recommendation, and 18-inch wheels with a different pattern. Pricing starts from £32,450 ($41,979/€37,059) in the PureTech 130 Automatic model.

The DS3 Crossoback comes with three petrol engines, with 100 PS (99 hp / 73 kW), 130 PS (128 hp / 95 kW) and 155 PS (153 hp / 114 kW), and a 100 PS (99 hp / 73 kW) diesel. Arriving in UK showrooms later this year is the DS3 Crossback E-Tense EV, with a 136 PS (134 hp / 100 kW) electric motor and 50 kWh lithium-ion battery. It goes from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 8.7 seconds and has a WLTP-estimated driving range of 300 km (186 miles).

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/ds3-crossback-lands-uk-four-engines-five-trim-levels/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 12, 2019, 07:14:16 AM
Wow, surprised they are still bothering with diesel.

I don't know what they're reporting in the US, but diesels are far from dead here.  :ohyeah:

The majority of the car-buying public still see diesels as the most fuel-efficient and long-legged internal combustion engine out there, especially for daily long trips. The anti-diesel climate is only being pushed by Greenies, DUH and certain Leftist-Green government elements - many of whom actually promoted diesel car ownership a few years prior to Dieselgate. These same people now want to ban gasoline-powered vehicles below EURO4, and potentially some classic cars.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

You guys are missing out. Like I said in other threads, hybrids have all the economy, range and torque of diesels with none of the stinky pollutants. For example the Accord Hybrid has a range of 1100km on a 57l tank. 5.2 l/100km isn't too bad. And the gas engine is simple... no particulate filter or whatever necessary.

I get that the greenies are pushing to hard and too fast but there are some legitimate pluses for their POV.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 12, 2019, 08:02:35 AM
You guys are missing out. Like I said in other threads, hybrids have all the economy, range and torque of diesels with none of the stinky pollutants. For example the Accord Hybrid has a range of 1100km on a 57l tank. 5.2 l/100km isn't too bad. And the gas engine is simple... no particulate filter or whatever necessary.

I get that the greenies are pushing to hard and too fast but there are some legitimate pluses for their POV.

How is that range calculated?

I have a hard time believing that a a hefty Accord is going to achieve over 1100 km on a single tank of gasoline. In order for that to even remotely happen conditions have to be ideal on a highway/road. That for one means no idiots who drive below the speed limit and force you to brake/accelerate whenever you encounter them, and in my daily driving I sadly encounter too many of these types of people.

The Greenies here are pushing for electric cars, car-free-cities, bans on SUVs and sports cars etc. and they're completely ignoring the pollution generated by the production of the batteries. Every form of mobility has environmental drawbacks, but these guys think the electric car is going to solve all of our problems. And remember, these same people promoted diesel car ownership a few years ago, and now they've done a 180 and are calling for them to get banned. I wonder if one day they will do the same for electric cars because of child/slave labor in the cobalt mines of the Congo and the 20 million+ liters of water which are contaminated daily in Chile in order for lithium to be extracted...

My personal opinion is that we still need to depend on the internal combustion engine for a decade or two while we develop/perfect other forms of low/zero emission propulsion.

Just for your information, here in Europe many people still view diesels positively. And why not? The current crop of EURO6d diesels are incredibly clean. I work with a company that sells SUVs and when we do the Range Rover 3.0 TDV6 photoshoots we leave the engine idling throughout the shoot. They don't smell nor is there black smoke coming out of the tailpipes, even when the engine is cold and warming up.

Many manufacturers are still developing new diesel engines for future products, especially for large luxury cars and SUVs.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 12, 2019, 09:25:19 AM
How is that range calculated?

I have a hard time believing that a a hefty Accord is going to achieve over 1100 km on a single tank of gasoline. In order for that to even remotely happen conditions have to be ideal on a highway/road. That for one means no idiots who drive below the speed limit and force you to brake/accelerate whenever you encounter them, and in my daily driving I sadly encounter too many of these types of people.
It's calculated the same way all range is calculated. Fuel consumption rate x fuel tank size. Doesn't really matter what you believe... the numbers are what they are. Even in C&D's aggressive hands they're good for ~900km on one tank.

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 12, 2019, 09:25:19 AM
The Greenies here are pushing for electric cars, car-free-cities, bans on SUVs and sports cars etc. and they're completely ignoring the pollution generated by the production of the batteries. Every form of mobility has environmental drawbacks, but these guys think the electric car is going to solve all of our problems. And remember, these same people promoted diesel car ownership a few years ago, and now they've done a 180 and are calling for them to get banned. I wonder if one day they will do the same for electric cars because of child/slave labor in the cobalt mines of the Congo and the 20 million+ liters of water which are contaminated daily in Chile in order for lithium to be extracted...

My personal opinion is that we still need to depend on the internal combustion engine for a decade or two while we develop/perfect other forms of low/zero emission propulsion.

Just for your information, here in Europe many people still view diesels positively. And why not? The current crop of EURO6d diesels are incredibly clean. I work with a company that sells SUVs and when we do the Range Rover 3.0 TDV6 photoshoots we leave the engine idling throughout the shoot. They don't smell nor is there black smoke coming out of the tailpipes, even when the engine is cold and warming up.

Many manufacturers are still developing new diesel engines for future products, especially for large luxury cars and SUVs.
EVs produce less pollution over the life of the vehicle, including the manufacturing of the batteries. But I agree that pushing for EVs too fast is not the right idea.

Also your assessment of diesel cleanliness is a bit simplistic. Just because you don't see black soot coming out of the tailpipe doesn't mean it's clean. And in any case the amount of money needed to get diesels up to EURO6d standards is immense... not far off from making a regular hybrid. For big cars I think diesel still makes sense, but for small cars they are DOA. Small cars can't absorb that cost.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 12, 2019, 10:38:17 AM
It's calculated the same way all range is calculated. Fuel consumption rate x fuel tank size. Doesn't really matter what you believe... the numbers are what they are. Even in C&D's aggressive hands they're good for ~900km on one tank.

I believe most modern cars are capable of extending their range given the right circumstances (non-interrupted cruising without any unnecessary braking and accelerating, the latter which consumes the most fuel). The problem which I see are just the high amount of idiots on the road who ruin your potential long range with their "disruptive" driving style forcing you to slow down/accelerate multiple times.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 12, 2019, 10:38:17 AMAlso your assessment of diesel cleanliness is a bit simplistic. Just because you don't see black soot coming out of the tailpipe doesn't mean it's clean. And in any case the amount of money needed to get diesels up to EURO6d standards is immense... not far off from making a regular hybrid. For big cars I think diesel still makes sense, but for small cars they are DOA. Small cars can't absorb that cost.

I wasn't implying that they were harmless. Obviously the internal combustion engine, gasoline and diesel, no matter how clean, still release harmful pollutants. But they have been immensely reduced, and most people are not exposed to the tailpipes of ICE cars for hours at a time. In that sense, a diesel/gasoline car speeding past you in the city is not going to harm your health with the minuscule amounts of pollutants that you breathe in.

When I walk in the city, the last thing that bothers me is vehicle exhaust. I am more pissed off at the cigarette smokers who walk past me and exhale that stuff into my face...

Yes, for small cars diesels don't make sense unless, given the fuel tax structure here, you drive an insane amount of mileage every year. Most small car owners use their cars for city errands and not for speeding hundreds of kilometers across the country on a daily basis.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 13, 2019, 03:13:38 AM
I believe most modern cars are capable of extending their range given the right circumstances (non-interrupted cruising without any unnecessary braking and accelerating, the latter which consumes the most fuel). The problem which I see are just the high amount of idiots on the road who ruin your potential long range with their "disruptive" driving style forcing you to slow down/accelerate multiple times.
The great thing about hybrids is, unlike conventional ICE engines, they get as good if not better fuel economy in stop and go traffic. So you get that excellent range across a much broader spectrum of driving conditions, and you don't have to drive disruptively to get it.

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 13, 2019, 03:13:38 AMI wasn't implying that they were harmless. Obviously the internal combustion engine, gasoline and diesel, no matter how clean, still release harmful pollutants. But they have been immensely reduced, and most people are not exposed to the tailpipes of ICE cars for hours at a time. In that sense, a diesel/gasoline car speeding past you in the city is not going to harm your health with the minuscule amounts of pollutants that you breathe in.

When I walk in the city, the last thing that bothers me is vehicle exhaust. I am more pissed off at the cigarette smokers who walk past me and exhale that stuff into my face...

Yes, for small cars diesels don't make sense unless, given the fuel tax structure here, you drive an insane amount of mileage every year. Most small car owners use their cars for city errands and not for speeding hundreds of kilometers across the country on a daily basis.
Don't confuse harmful with annoying. I hate cigarette smoke too, but if I had to choose one or the other I'd def rather deal with the occasional cigarette smoke than the 24/7 effects of direct injection particulate matter and GHG emissions.

Most people drive small cars in Europe so the move to hybrids broadly is the right move there. Hell, if the parameters are right I might get a hybrid here. I do a lot of highway driving but I drive a good bit on stop and go roads to get to them. Something like a Camry or Accord Hybrid basically has zero downsides compared to the regular ones.

cawimmer430

A hybrid is definitely an ideal car for a city dweller who also does a lot of rural driving. But on the highways when the internal combustion engine takes over those slow-downs and accelerations will take their toll on the fuel economy. The latter is something that's been on my mind a lot recently - too many idiot drivers out there (here in Germany) who don't keep right, hog the middle lanes and drive under the speed limit. If these drivers drove intelligently in the correct lanes and stayed within the speed limit then there would be less traffic and less pollution. Most Autobahns already have 120-130 km/h speed limits and I've not been able to cruise for even 10 minutes at 120-130 km/h due to some idiot in the middle lane who thinks the right lane is only for trucks...

I believe more hybrids are on their way in Europe from European manufacturers. So far the Toyota Prius is the most popular one with both private buyers and some taxi fleets. The Honda Insight and the Korean hybrids are a rare sight. Mercedes-Benz is going to release a Diesel-Hybrid for the C-Class or E-Class soon IIRC. Electric cars are "gaining ground" (purely from visual observation) in the form of the cute Renault Zoe (by far the best-selling electric car in Europe) followed by the Nissan Leaf and some Tesla models.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

O no, don't tell me the left lane campers are moving to Europe.... :cry:

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 13, 2019, 07:43:13 AM
O no, don't tell me the left lane campers are moving to Europe.... :cry:

I've been noticing their appearance on our roads. Nowadays they're everywhere. I just returned from a trip and some moron on the Autobahn pulled out behind a convoy of six trucks and began overtaking them - at around 95 km/h (trucks here are by law required to drive 80 km/h) while I was rapidly approaching on the fast lane. They needed a good minute to overtake those six trucks. I mean Jesus f*cking Christ... why do these people have to pull out and ruin my day? When I pass they can overtake and take their sweet time, but no, they have to do it while I am approaching at high speed. It's like they don't check their mirrors or they are simply... STUPID. :lol:

Worse, on rural roads where you can drive 100 km/h there are so many slow pokes who have to piss everyone behind them off by driving at 70-80 km/h even if driving conditions permit higher speeds.

www.wimmerfotografie.de