New Mercedes-Benz B-Class arrives at Mercedes-Benz Munich

Started by cawimmer430, February 17, 2019, 08:53:04 AM

cawimmer430

The new B-Class is now on display at MB Munich. They had a whole row of them outside but I just focused on three models inside the showroom: B200 AMG Line, B200 and B180d.

The Mountaingrey Metallic B200 AMG Line is already sold (the new B-Class arrived in the showroom on February 16, which makes me think somebody bought it off the showroom floor yesterday!). The AMG Line B-Class actually looks better in person. In the press photos is appeared "too sporty", and this car is rather comfort-biased and not a dynamic handler.

Initial impressions: practical and roomy design. Looks better than the outgoing B-Class. Interior is similar to the new W177 A-Class. Seating/driving position is good, seats are comfortable and offer a lot of side support, even in the base 180d with standard seats.

Should be a winner. There were young families and senior citizens alike checking them out. My pick of the bunch was the Denimblue B200, but I'd equip it with 19" non-AMG 5-spoke wheels which you can see in my configuration below. Enjoy the snapshots.

B200 AMG Line

B200

B180d

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

And here the typical B-Class drivers. Tattooed men with children, pregnant chicks with dogs and older hippies who like beaches.  :thumbsup:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

So they basically gave your car the Model X treatment? Just stretch it out vertically?

shp4man

It's interesting trying to figure out the meaning of some of those German words.  ;)  I guess Grundpreis is base price?

Galaxy

Quote from: shp4man on February 17, 2019, 11:43:27 AM
It's interesting trying to figure out the meaning of some of those German words.  ;)  I guess Grundpreis is base price?

Grundpreis is the price without options, but it already includes the 19%VAT.

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 17, 2019, 11:33:12 AM
So they basically gave your car the Model X treatment? Just stretch it out vertically?

Basically, and it's less sporty and more comfort-biased. Offers more rear space and headroom and a larger trunk.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on February 17, 2019, 11:43:27 AM

Yep, but with 19% value added tax included.

www.wimmerfotografie.de