Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

AutobahnSHO

Minivan seems little after driving 12pax Chevy full-size work van
Will

hotrodalex

Probably handles like a Miata in comparison, too.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 12, 2015, 09:52:04 AM
Probably handles like a Miata in comparison, too.

LOL almost. The gas pedal on workvan is so lame it takes 3months to get going from a stoplight.
Will

FoMoJo

I was watching The Car Chasers last night and they had a segment about Rossion Automotive.  I hadn't heard about them before but their product sounds quite interesting.  A bit pricy, about $120K for a street version...http://rossioncars.com/us/

It has its roots in the Noble M400, but made in the USA...http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/rossion-q1-specialty-file
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

I learned not to clean my ears with a ballpoint pen.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

While this section of Car and Driver's Jeep Renegade review was fun, I wish they'd thought of some of this snark back when the Patriot and Compass were new:

Instead, they said the 2007 Patriot's "dynamic virtues, all-around usefulness, and solid value make it hard to ignore." And while the review of the coughed-up Compass was negative back in the day, it offered not one comment on the unconventional styling. I guess it's safer to only offer the harshest criticisms from the safety of hindsight.

FoMoJo

Wienermobile crashes.  No one was hurt.  I don't know whether to laugh or... :huh:

What a pitiful sight. 

read...http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/02/15/no-bologna-oscar-mayer-wienermobile-crashes-near-harrisburg/
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

hotrodalex

I really like these wheels on a '70 Camaro

And these are sweet:

MrH

Weather these last two days has made me just want to say fuck it, sell both cars, get an STI, and be done with it. :mask:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on February 18, 2015, 03:01:14 PM
Weather these last two days has made me just want to say fuck it, sell both cars, get an STI, and be done with it. :mask:

The ultimate winter car for me is a TT 3.2 Quattro Roadster 6MT. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MexicoCityM3

I've got a whine under load when accelerating on the M3. Everything points to the input shaft bearing on the gearbox.

It's gonna hurt. A lot. Eventually.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on February 21, 2015, 05:46:27 PM
I've got a whine under load when accelerating on the M3. Everything points to the input shaft bearing on the gearbox.

It's gonna hurt. A lot. Eventually.

:-(

Bummer!
Will

hotrodalex

hotrodalex

Cookie Monster

Man, C6's are so much nicer looking than C7's.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

hotrodalex

The rear, definitely. Not a big fan of C6 headlights though.

hotrodalex

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ifcar on February 14, 2015, 08:09:11 AM
While this section of Car and Driver's Jeep Renegade review was fun, I wish they'd thought of some of this snark back when the Patriot and Compass were new:

Instead, they said the 2007 Patriot's "dynamic virtues, all-around usefulness, and solid value make it hard to ignore." And while the review of the coughed-up Compass was negative back in the day, it offered not one comment on the unconventional styling. I guess it's safer to only offer the harshest criticisms from the safety of hindsight.

John Philips did a review on the Patriot that was pretty damning. I only remember it because that was one of the last episodes of C/D I ever got through subscription.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Sorry, it wernt the Patriot: twas the Commander, which I had completely forgotten about the existence of.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer-4x4-vs-jeep-commander-limited-4x4-comparison-tests
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

The Commander looks so good though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Soup DeVille

Is that a Unimog, or one of those Tatra things?

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

FoMoJo

Nice looking RAT.  To bad they stuck a mouse in it.

FoMoJo

ifcar

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 26, 2015, 12:47:14 AM
Sorry, it wernt the Patriot: twas the Commander, which I had completely forgotten about the existence of.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer-4x4-vs-jeep-commander-limited-4x4-comparison-tests

I'd forgotten this review but now I remember this line from it: "Buying an Explorer or Commander on the premise that you might, one day, need to carry seven persons and tow a Bayliner up to Chicken Point is like buying the Playboy mansion on the premise that you might, one day, have 17 bosomy, dumb girlfriends who all want to live with you at the same time. Yeah, it could happen. But why pay the mortgage until it does?"