That dream car thats just out of reach pricewise...

Started by r0tor, November 07, 2008, 09:51:00 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on November 11, 2008, 01:50:20 PM
You are so predictable it's getting boring.

I hope you're a character too, like RBA was.
:lol:

GoCougs

Quote from: Lebowski on November 11, 2008, 01:05:14 PM
You're right, let's not. 

The context of the discussion was, I made a comment that had nothing to do with you and you took the opportunity to climb up on your soapbox.  Had it been anyone else, you wouldn't have crawled up their butt spouting off your misinformed idea of what "within your reach" means.

The root of the argument is, the concept of anyone younger than Cougs achieving any measure of success makes him extremely uncomfortable.  It's pretty clear you are an extremely insecure individual, you may want to look inside yourself for the source of that.

Not everything is a competition.  You know nothing of mine (or anyone else's) situation.  If I or anyone else makes a comment that I would like to buy such and such but decided not to, it's not your place to jump in (with ZERO knowledge of that person's situation) and start spouting off your ill-informed opinions, with a helping of your characteristic condescending attitude on the side.

You got me - driving a ~ $28k car and living in an apartment has me all kinds of threatened.

(FWIW - relax, yer exhibiting the classic signs of being able to dish it out yet not take it, which doesn't bode well for ya on a number of different levels.)

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on November 11, 2008, 08:20:53 PM
You got me - driving a ~ $28k car and living in an apartment has me all kinds of threatened.

(FWIW - relax, yer exhibiting the classic signs of being able to dish it out yet not take it, which doesn't bode well for ya on a number of different levels.)

You've been telling him to buy a house for years and he's been saying that the prices were too high, now that the real estate market has crashed it seems pretty obvious who was right.

Also, some people consider renting to be a luxury in that they don't have to deal with the hassle of maintaining a home (I personally consider home owning a luxury, but that's just me).

To judge him based only one his car and his house (or lack thereof) pretty much just proves his point. A wealthy person has only a small portion of his/her wealth wrapped up in personal cars/homes so you making this blind judgements on him pretty much just proves that you're trying to establish that he is less successful than you (while that seems to not be the case).

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on November 11, 2008, 08:20:53 PM

I don't live in an apartment, and I sure as shit don't define success by the car I drive (nor do you, Mr. $3k Accord) ... that's sort of what this entire thread is about, in case you missed it.  I didn't say threatened, I said it makes you uncomfortable and reveals your insecurities, which it does.  If Dazzleman or any of the other older guys had posted the exact same post I did, you would have said nothing, but because it's someone younger than you it gets you all hopped up on estrogen.  This isn't the first time you've done this - hell at one point you went so far as to blatantly accuse me of lying.  Ball busting is one thing, but you take it beyond that.

Dish it out and can't take it?  I'm just calling it how it is.  Aren't you the one who totally lost your cool a couple weeks ago when I pointed out the hypocrisy related to yet another of your preposterous claims (I think this one was the time you claimed mortgage originators faced zero risk on the exact same day you started a thread bitching about how you lost your ass on Wamu ... oh the irony!).  I think it's pretty clear who can't take it.

Listen man, it's not my fault it took you until you were 42 y/o after changing jobs 36 times and living like a hobo all of your adult life to build up any appreciable level of savings, so direct your bitterness elsewhere. 

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on November 11, 2008, 08:33:08 PM
You've been telling him to buy a house for years and he's been saying that the prices were too high, now that the real estate market has crashed it seems pretty obvious who was right.

Also, some people consider renting to be a luxury in that they don't have to deal with the hassle of maintaining a home (I personally consider home owning a luxury, but that's just me).

To judge him based only one his car and his house (or lack thereof) pretty much just proves his point. A wealthy person has only a small portion of his/her wealth wrapped up in personal cars/homes so you making this blind judgements on him pretty much just proves that you're trying to establish that he is less successful than you (while that seems to not be the case).

Lebowski has a knack for drive-by sniping (a more severe case than I is his creepy masturbatory fixation with Raza's financial situation), which in a lot of cases I think he mostly means as somewhat good-nature hazing, but it doesn't come off that way a lot of times.

When he's on the other end of it, he doesn't handle it so well. He's a very simple creature to figure out, if you pay attention, so no secrets there. So, the only question that remains is, Why are you involved?

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Lebowski

Quote from: GoCougs on November 11, 2008, 08:52:23 PM

(a more severe case than I is his creepy masturbatory fixation with Raza's financial situation),

Re-read this thread from start to finish, and tell me who has a creepy masturbatory fixation with others' financial situations.

I give Raza (and others here) shit because I'm friends with him (them).  I have no problem with good natured hazing, let's not pretend that's what you do here.  Good natured hazing requires a sense of humor - count Cougs out on that one.

As for TBR getting "involved" ... this is a public forum, not a private conversation.  You're making a total ass of yourself and shouldn't be surprised when someone points out, again, your blatant hypocrisy.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

sportyaccordy

This thread is awesome

LEbowski how about this...

Lower your tax burden by making a charitable donation: buy me the 911. Then you prove to Cougs you can afford it, and don't bear the guilt of Porsche ownership. It's a win win.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hotrodalex

Quote from: HotRodPilot on November 11, 2008, 09:43:02 PM
I like boobs

Yeah, but these boobs are man boobs. Not quite the same thing I'm afraid... :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on November 11, 2008, 09:01:21 PM
I give Raza (and others here) shit because I'm friends with him (them).  I have no problem with good natured hazing, let's not pretend that's what you do here.  Good natured hazing requires a sense of humor - count Cougs out on that one.

Really?  I just thought you were being a raging, balding douche, taking it out on the world because your gold chain turns your wifebeater green and your car is made up 100% of recycled Shasta cola bottles.   :huh:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on November 13, 2008, 04:05:33 PM
I CAUGHT YOU

You think I would really want one of those ghey-mobiles over my turbo shaggin'-wagen? Pffft. I was obviously joking.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on November 11, 2008, 08:42:15 PM
I don't live in an apartment, and I sure as shit don't define success by the car I drive (nor do you, Mr. $3k Accord) ... that's sort of what this entire thread is about, in case you missed it.  I didn't say threatened, I said it makes you uncomfortable and reveals your insecurities, which it does.  If Dazzleman or any of the other older guys had posted the exact same post I did, you would have said nothing, but because it's someone younger than you it gets you all hopped up on estrogen.  This isn't the first time you've done this - hell at one point you went so far as to blatantly accuse me of lying.  Ball busting is one thing, but you take it beyond that.

Dish it out and can't take it?  I'm just calling it how it is.  Aren't you the one who totally lost your cool a couple weeks ago when I pointed out the hypocrisy related to yet another of your preposterous claims (I think this one was the time you claimed mortgage originators faced zero risk on the exact same day you started a thread bitching about how you lost your ass on Wamu ... oh the irony!).  I think it's pretty clear who can't take it.

Listen man, it's not my fault it took you until you were 42 y/o after changing jobs 36 times and living like a hobo all of your adult life to build up any appreciable level of savings, so direct your bitterness elsewhere. 

:popcorn:

Just for the record, I think I jumped in earlier in the thread to agree with you, that it is possible to be able to afford something, strictly speaking, but for it still to be an unwise expenditure financially.  That is really the definition of having 'discretionary' income, as opposed to living hand-to-mouth, at least the way I view it.  There are lots of things I could afford, in the sense that I have the money for them, but I choose not to buy because I'd rather save the money.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on November 13, 2008, 04:04:27 PM
Really?  I just thought you were being a raging, balding douche, taking it out on the world because your gold chain turns your wifebeater green and your car is made up 100% of recycled Shasta cola bottles.   :huh:

I just spewed Shasta all over my keyboard.  Thanks a lot.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16343.msg922011#msg922011 date=1226617467
Really?  I just thought you were being a raging, balding douche, taking it out on the world because your gold chain turns your wifebeater green and your car is made up 100% of recycled Shasta cola bottles.   :huh:

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on November 13, 2008, 07:30:18 PM
I just spewed Shasta all over my keyboard.  Thanks a lot.

Haha!  Man, I haven't had a Shasta since I was in Valley Forge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16343.msg922323#msg922323 date=1226633475
Haha!  Man, I haven't had a Shasta since I was in Valley Forge.

Was that part of their program of sensory deprivation in order to bring about behavior modification?