New Base 248 HP 2.0L TFSI Makes 2019 Audi A6 $4,800 Cheaper

Started by cawimmer430, July 02, 2019, 08:42:54 AM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 93JC on July 04, 2019, 04:47:58 PM
I'm sure a four-cylinder luxobarge is acceptable across most of the world (because of higher fuel costs, displacement taxes, CO2 taxes, etc.), but it raises eyebrows in the US and Canada.
The majority of MB & BMW sales in the US are 4 bangers. Again this 4 popper A6 is about as fast as the V8 from 15 years ago.

Hell, when we went to the west coast my buddy picked us up from the airport at night in a 2 series. From the way it pulled and how the engine sounded I swore it was the M235i. Nope! 228i

I promise you normal people don't care. I'd like my next car to be an N/A 6 cylinder and I hope to stick with big displacement NA engines for the forseeable future. But I am not normal. 2.0Ts are generic and soulless but they get the job done
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Laconian

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 04, 2019, 07:03:35 PM
The majority of MB & BMW sales in the US are 4 bangers. Again this 4 popper A6 is about as fast as the V8 from 15 years ago.

Hell, when we went to the west coast my buddy picked us up from the airport at night in a 2 series. From the way it pulled and how the engine sounded I swore it was the M235i. Nope! 228i

I promise you normal people don't care. I'd like my next car to be an N/A 6 cylinder and I hope to stick with big displacement NA engines for the forseeable future. But I am not normal. 2.0Ts are generic and soulless but they get the job done

"how the engine sounded"

How the software sounded?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

I'm no advocate for fake engine sounds... but 2.0Ts generally sound like crap on their own, and I have to admit I was convinced.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on July 07, 2019, 11:35:12 PM
"how the engine sounded"

How the software sounded?

The software in my A250 sounds good. Great "engine sound". :lol:

But it's done so well you are fooled into thinking it's the real deal. I don't really care because it's done so well and feels real.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie