***Classic Mercedes-Benz Car Show Schwabmühlhausen 2019***

Started by cawimmer430, August 06, 2019, 08:09:38 AM

cawimmer430

All photos can be seen in the link below. Enjoy.  :cheers:

FULL ALBUM: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wimmerfotografie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2539685922717681

Some of the more interesting cars on display were...

My favorite car at the show was this 220S! Why? Because of the three 1950s-1960s era dolls in the background. I saw this car pull into the show grounds and assume that this was a family with three beautiful young daughters. As I approached the car I saw that the "daughters" were dolls. They are wearing period correct clothing and hairstyles. They are dressed in their "Sunday best" clothing and this is pretty much how a well-to-do German family of the post-war era would have driven around on a weekend.

Another highlight was this! The oldest car at the show with an interesting history. This is a 1938 Mercedes-Benz 230 Cabriolet B which was first delivered to a customer in Argentina. It returned to Europe sometime in the late 1960s with a Swiss businessman and then ended up abandoned for a few years. The current owner bought it and had it restored. Lovely car.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  Classic designs evoke far more excitement, passion, admiration for me than pretty much any other vehicle design after the '70s.  I don't know if that's true for others, some others, but I see the '30s, the '50s and the '60s as the epitome of vehicle design.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on August 06, 2019, 10:15:12 AM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  Classic designs evoke far more excitement, passion, admiration for me than pretty much any other vehicle design after the '70s.  I don't know if that's true for others, some others, but I see the '30s, the '50s and the '60s as the epitome of vehicle design.

When you wander around these cars you can tell that they were designed by true artists and visionaries. ;)
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie