Just ordered a Bolt

Started by mzziaz, October 04, 2016, 12:10:43 AM

mzziaz

Just signed a contract for the Opel Ampera-e, the euro Chevy Bolt sibling.

Expected delivery = summer '17.
Cuore Sportivo

68_427

Congrats  :rockon:

none of that Tesla vaporware bs  :thumbsup:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Will

mzziaz

Don't know, yet. Specs and even pricing isn't confirmed, yet.

I really like the orange color on the Bolt. I think I'll get that if it's available.
Cuore Sportivo

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

shp4man

I thought you might have meant this:

:lol:

Payman

Nice! I really like the Bolt. Nicely styled, and real electric range from a real car company.

MrH

Don't you like in the arctic? :lol:  How do electric cars do in the cold?

Congratulations though.  You'll be driving in electric style for years before the model 3 ever gets here.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

RomanChariot

Most people on here spend a year discussing what features they want on a car before they buy it not after.

Payman

Quote from: mzziaz on October 04, 2016, 06:49:34 AM
Don't know, yet. Specs and even pricing isn't confirmed, yet.

I really like the orange color on the Bolt. I think I'll get that if it's available.

Oh yes!

mzziaz

Quote from: RomanChariot on October 04, 2016, 08:20:19 AM
Most people on here spend a year discussing what features they want on a car before they buy it not after.
It is kind of weird with this model. EV's have such great incentives here that the demand is high. So Opel opened for orders without specs and final price being ready.

If I was to wait until test drives were available, I'm afraid the wait would be maybe a year.

The dealer didn't even require a deposit, and they promised me I could walk later if I want to.
"We'll have no problems whatsoever to move that car. The problem will be getting enough of them", he said.

The range really makes it a game changer.
Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Quote from: MrH on October 04, 2016, 08:18:06 AM
Don't you like in the arctic? [emoji38]  How do electric cars do in the cold?

Congratulations though.  You'll be driving in electric style for years before the model 3 ever gets here.
No problems. I believe the batteries gets heated to prevent them from going too cold. It isn't any colder where I live than in upstate New York, BTW.
Cuore Sportivo

Payman

Quote from: mzziaz on October 04, 2016, 08:39:13 AM
No problems. I believe the batteries gets heated to prevent them from going too cold. It isn't any colder where I live than in upstate New York, BTW.

Do you guys use road salt? We do, and that's my biggest concern with an EV here in Ontario.

SJ_GTI

Nice, congrats.

I actually dig the way the Bolt looks. If they offered it with AWD it probably would have been a contender when I was shopping. I would like to get an electric car at some point (I would likely lease rather than buy since the tech is still so new), but don't want to get FWD. Model 3 looks nice too, but it could realistically be 2020 before I could actually buy one.

2o6

Do drive wheels really even matter in a car like this?

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 2o6 on October 04, 2016, 09:31:33 AM
Do drive wheels really even matter in a car like this?

To me, yes. I prefer AWD in my daily driver. It is nice to not have to worry about wheelspin in the rain or bad weather in general.

In an electric car with near instant max torque I would expect AWD to be even more helpful (particular when considering FWD vs AWD).

2o6

It's not really "front engined" and the car's design is so much different than an ICE. I feel like a lot of typical driving dynamics of an FF or FR car won't come into play (as much) since the weight distribution, CG, and overall car design is so much different. Hell, this thing doesn't even have a transmission, and pretty much any sort of traction control will be totally electronic.

I mean, an AWD Bolt would be nice, but I don't think it's possible.

MexicoCityM3

Congrats! I really really dig electric cars.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 2o6 on October 04, 2016, 09:54:31 AM
It's not really "front engined" and the car's design is so much different than an ICE. I feel like a lot of typical driving dynamics of an FF or FR car won't come into play (as much) since the weight distribution, CG, and overall car design is so much different. Hell, this thing doesn't even have a transmission, and pretty much any sort of traction control will be totally electronic.

I mean, an AWD Bolt would be nice, but I don't think it's possible.

Its a preference. I am sure I could live with plenty of FWD cars and clearly the vast majority of the population either prefers FWD or is completely ambivalent about it...but I prefer it.  :huh:

Laconian

Doesn't Norway have fnuts incentives for electric cars? My Norwegian friend says there are Teslas everywhere in Oslo because it's just a "cheap" car for Norwegians. O_o
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

Quote from: Laconian on October 04, 2016, 12:17:30 PM
Doesn't Norway have fnuts incentives for electric cars? My Norwegian friend says there are Teslas everywhere in Oslo because it's just a "cheap" car for Norwegians. O_o
Yeah, pretty much. Or rather the complete lack of draconian taxes including GST, plus cheap electric power.
Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Quote from: Rockraven on October 04, 2016, 09:22:07 AM
Do you guys use road salt? We do, and that's my biggest concern with an EV here in Ontario.
Yes, and that is a worry, especially underused braking systems because regenerative braking.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Isn't it lame that "they named" that relatively slow car after this guy?  :lol:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FoMoJo

Quote from: mzziaz on April 25, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJjdVzMmiE&feature=youtu.be

I'm getting a car specced exactly like this one.
That looks pretty nice as well.  Bright orange not available?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

Sick.

Bolt is a pretty good name, but Ampera is fantastic.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)