Honda Fit IV

Started by 2o6, October 22, 2019, 08:50:43 PM

2o6

giant_mtb

Initial thought: cleft palate

Eye of the Tiger

It's pretty meh. I could take it or leave it. If it's a real car underneath, that's cool. If it has a CVT, it can go fuck itself.

Oh, I just noticed the electric parking brake switch. Fucking junk.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Payman

Much more traditional Honda styling, especially the blue one. But that has to be the cheapest looking interior since the Calibre.

Lol, is that a big gray blanking plate where the nav screen goes on the "upper" models?  :facepalm:

12,000 RPM

Well, it's definitely a Honda Fit
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: Rockraven on October 23, 2019, 04:00:54 AM
Much more traditional Honda styling, especially the blue one. But that has to be the cheapest looking interior since the Calibre.

Lol, is that a big gray blanking plate where the nav screen goes on the "upper" models?  :facepalm:

Are we looking at the same interior? It looks pretty high quality for a what it is.

And yes, that's a blanking plate. Most JDM cars have them on smaller models. Aftermarket stereos are still popular in Japan, so Honda, Toyota, et al don't even equip radios on certain model grades when it's clear it's gonna be ripped out and replaced.

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on October 23, 2019, 06:49:00 AM
Are we looking at the same interior? It looks pretty high quality for a what it is.

And yes, that’s a blanking plate. Most JDM cars have them on smaller models. Aftermarket stereos are still popular in Japan, so Honda, Toyota, et al don’t even equip radios on certain model grades when it’s clear it’s gonna be ripped out and replaced.

Yeah, I want to know if we're looking at the same interior as well.

2o6

Quote from: Rockraven on October 23, 2019, 07:00:07 AM
Yeah, I want to know if we're looking at the same interior as well.

Did you click either link?

The interior is very good looking, I really don't understand how you can even remotely say it looks "as cheap as the caliber".

12,000 RPM

Interior looks great Rockraven, take the L like a man

Good looking, simple, functional. Most luxury makers could learn a lot from this little dodgeball.

2o6

The EU Jazz is gonna be hybrid only.

The JDM car gets a gas engine option, but we don't know what it is yet. The hybrid option is basically the same 1.5L setup they're putting in the Accord and Insight.

I also heard there may be a Type-R coming.

r0tor

Didn't the fit use to look fun and sporty and not dull and demented?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 23, 2019, 07:14:39 AM
Interior looks great Rockraven, take the L like a man

Good looking, simple, functional. Most luxury makers could learn a lot from this little dodgeball.

Lol, you're a 'Cougs wannabe now? Any interior looks a little better with some color.

2o6

Quote from: r0tor on October 23, 2019, 07:26:41 AM
Didn't the fit use to look fun and sporty and not dull and demented?

Idk man it looks pretty in line with the other three generations. Either way, people never bought this car because of how it looks. They bought it because it was cheap, sharp to drive, and had interior space that punched well above its weight. The fit still numerically has more usable interior space than some midsized cars out there.

I'm not really sold on the exterior, but the interior and overall concept is pretty good.

But if we don't get this in the USA, it's a moot point.

Xer0

This thing looks a little too cute for my taste.  I wonder if a "sports" version with bigger rims and a few ricey bits can tone it down a bit.

Still, with the HRV being almost as practical but with AWD and ground clearance, even if it is a bit of a turd, it's no wonder Honda doesn't sell many Fits anymore.

SJ_GTI

They should lift it and give it AWD, then they could call it the Cross Fit.

Wait, did they already do it?

2o6

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 23, 2019, 08:01:55 AM
They should lift it and give it AWD, then they could call it the Cross Fit.

That's the Crosstar trim.

Quote from: Xer0 on October 23, 2019, 07:56:17 AM
This thing looks a little too cute for my taste.  I wonder if a "sports" version with bigger rims and a few ricey bits can tone it down a bit.

Still, with the HRV being almost as practical but with AWD and ground clearance, even if it is a bit of a turd, it's no wonder Honda doesn't sell many Fits anymore.

Yeah, the HRV outsells the Fit like 2 to 1. Unfortunate.

I just don't like the fact that new cheap, fun to drive cars are quickly disappearing from the market. The Fit hit a lot of notes for me, really spacious, sharp to drive, cheap to buy and own....not a lot of cars out there that can do that these days.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Rockraven on October 23, 2019, 07:27:37 AM
Lol, you're a 'Cougs wannabe now? Any interior looks a little better with some color.
A lot of interiors, including luxury ones, have no color. Like I said it's not bad at all, especially for something that's prob gonna cost no more than $20K OTD.

Quote from: Xer0 on October 23, 2019, 07:56:17 AM
Maybe for the 1st Fit we got... but all the ones after are too ugly. I feel like a Civic Si, especially for the money, just makes more sense. These are lighter than Civics, but not by much... I'd wager one with the 1.5T and all the other shit to support it wouldn't be convincingly far enough from the 2900lb CSi. They would have to lock down the stability control to keep it from rolling too.

2o6

They've had sport trims of the Fit for years in the JDM, and it's rumored there's going to be a Fit Type-R this time around.

HurricaneSteve

Greatest car in the history of superminis.

HurricaneSteve

For the money a Mustang, Camaro or GTI are even better.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 24, 2019, 07:27:15 AM
A lot of interiors, including luxury ones, have no color. Like I said it's not bad at all, especially for something that's prob gonna cost no more than $20K OTD.
Maybe for the 1st Fit we got... but all the ones after are too ugly. I feel like a Civic Si, especially for the money, just makes more sense. These are lighter than Civics, but not by much... I'd wager one with the 1.5T and all the other shit to support it wouldn't be convincingly far enough from the 2900lb CSi. They would have to lock down the stability control to keep it from rolling too.

Payman

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on October 24, 2019, 02:04:33 PM
Greatest car in the history of superminis.

That would be the original Mini.

CALL_911

Looks great- way better than the current one. Hope we get it.

Sidenote- the second gen Fit with the sport package still looks really good to this day

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

12,000 RPM

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on October 24, 2019, 02:50:47 PM
For the money a Mustang, Camaro or GTI are even better.
Only the GTI comes close if you actually need a back seat. And it's still not as practical for passengers

HurricaneSteve

In the real world, the Civic Si is quite a bit slower than those other cars. Plus if one is looking for an automatic, the Si is immediately out as well. There also that awful rev hang that you'd have to deal with.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 25, 2019, 07:15:40 AM
Only the GTI comes close if you actually need a back seat. And it's still not as practical for passengers

HurricaneSteve

Also there are plenty of cheap new, fun to drive cars on the market. People just need to stop being bishes and start walking instead of talking. These are the prices I paid for my two newest cars:

2017 Mazda MX-5 Sport 6MT: $22,500
2018 Mazda 3 Touring 6MT: $18,700

And while I was car shopping, these were also available:

2018 Honda Civic Coupe 6MT: $16,000~
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT: $20,000~
2019 Ford Fiesta 5MT: $13,000~
2019 Ford Fiesta ST: $19,500
2019 Subaru WRX 6MT: $23,500
2018 VW Golf 5MT: $16,000~

Not to mention the Corolla, iA, Jetta and offerings from Hyundai & Kia. Earlier this year I could have scored the Fiesta ST for even less, a Focus ST would have been around 20K (maybe even less), and GTI's were available for around 21K. Mustang Ecoboosts can also be had for around 21K and while I didn't look at the Camaro, they wouldn't have been too far off the mark. A couple of years ago when my sister bought her 2016 Fit EX, it was under 17K. It's a good time to be a car buyer and if people just stopped being so picky (oh noes, the trim around the vents look cheap!), they'd realize that the choices out there right now are pretty good.

12,000 RPM

I don't think anyone was complaining about the availability of cheap fun cars. I'm pretty sure I've said we are in a performance car golden age in many respects. Especially in the context of livability and practicality. For my commute I'll gladly take the muted torque swells of a turbo motor over the feral shriek of an N/A screamer anyday. Pony cars are actually good at most things. Etc. So I don't think a sporty Fit is necessary.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 25, 2019, 06:02:54 PM
I don't think anyone was complaining about the availability of cheap fun cars. I'm pretty sure I've said we are in a performance car golden age in many respects. Especially in the context of livability and practicality. For my commute I'll gladly take the muted torque swells of a turbo motor over the feral shriek of an N/A screamer anyday. Pony cars are actually good at most things. Etc. So I don't think a sporty Fit is necessary.

Pony cars have finally gotten really good at handling so they decided to make an SUV Mustang to re-live the glory days of only going in a straight line
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

2o6

Have any of y'all driven the latest crop of pony cars? It's like driving a fucking house.

Laconian

Quote from: 2o6 on October 25, 2019, 11:10:37 PM
Have any of y'all driven the latest crop of pony cars? It's like driving a fucking house.

I was thinking "swimming pool", but yes, they big.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on October 25, 2019, 11:10:37 PM
I drove a Challenger. It did feel like driving a basement apartment. I'd wager the Rustang will be decent though. It's smaller than my TLX