Honda Fit IV

Started by 2o6, October 22, 2019, 08:50:43 PM

Laconian

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 26, 2019, 01:46:18 PM
I drove a Challenger. It did feel like driving a basement apartment. I'd wager the Rustang will be decent though. It's smaller than my TLX

It's not about the size of the car. It's the windowsill height, the massive brick wall of a dashboard, the massive  Fisher Price A/T shifters. Numb, overboosted steering. The cars might be fast but they also feel fat at the same time. Just like our overpowered, oversized SUVs. Guzzle enough gas and you can be both fast and obese.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Eh, different strokes for different folks. For most people, the opportunities of enjoyment are far more frequent with something like a pony car than something like a Miata. I'm just happy both exist :huh:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

I've never been a fan of Challengers. They only look good in the highest trims with good wheel packages. V6 ones look like sunken battleships on their pathetic 215 wide tires.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on October 25, 2019, 11:10:37 PM
Have any of y'all driven the latest crop of pony cars? It's like driving a fucking house.

The Chally is big.  It's also based on a full-size sedan platform and is roomy enough inside to qualify as a midsize sedan.  The Mustang and Camaro are like driving a smaller midsize sedan (e.g. 1st generation Mazda6) but with worse outward visibility (moreso the Camaro than Mustang).  The long hood makes them feel a little bigger than they are when you're looking out the front, but there's not as much vehicle behind you as with a FWD sedan of the same length.  You just need to adjust to sitting relatively further back between the axles.  In an old Mazda6, your ass is basically right at, or just in front of, the midpoint between the axles.  In a Mustang, you're about 3/5s to 2/3s of the way back to the rear axle.

The Mustang is not exactly light on its feet.  It's a bit of a blunt instrument and you need to manhandle it a bit.  It's no Miata or S2K.  Nor is it a hot hatch.  That said, it is pretty capable once you figure out how it responds to inputs.  I occasionally take on instructor duties at our auto-x events and there was a novice in an S2000 this past season who was struggling a bit with the course, so I gave him a ride-along so he could see where I was placing my car and where the braking and accelerating zones were.  Not ten seconds into the run I hear him go "holy shit!", clinging to the grab handle, as I'm carving through a series of tight offset gates and slaloms.  After the run, he tells me that he had no idea a Mustang could handle and change directions like that.  "I thought for certain you were just going to overcook and blow through a couple of those turns, but this thing just dug in and turned".  Bone stock running street tires (albeit pretty aggressive summer street tires).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Payman

I drive my son's Challenger all the time, and yes it's a big car, but you get accustomed to it. It's a fantastic highway cruiser.

12,000 RPM

Yea, you have to be more delibrate with bigger cars, but ultimately grip is grip
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

On sale.

https://paultan.org/2020/02/13/2020-honda-jazz-goes-on-sale-in-japan-ehev-hybrid-and-1-3l-petrol/

It's a cut-down version of the hybrid system in the Insight and Accord. Japan does get a base 1.3L with 98HP (sounds like the engine from the old Fit) and a CVT automatic.

I feel like Honda doesn't want to sell anything in Europe; this new Jazz starts at 22,000 EUR. By comparison, a base Fiesta (albeit with zero options) starts at 11,000 EUR.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on February 13, 2020, 08:48:09 PM
On sale.

https://paultan.org/2020/02/13/2020-honda-jazz-goes-on-sale-in-japan-ehev-hybrid-and-1-3l-petrol/

It's a cut-down version of the hybrid system in the Insight and Accord. Japan does get a base 1.3L with 98HP (sounds like the engine from the old Fit) and a CVT automatic.

I feel like Honda doesn't want to sell anything in Europe; this new Jazz starts at 22,000 EUR. By comparison, a base Fiesta (albeit with zero options) starts at 11,000 EUR.

It's actually a nifty little car. Despite all the fuss over EVs, I think hybrids are the real forseeable future. I would much rather have an eCVT than a regular CVT. Dat city MPG is crazy.

Unfortunately, gas around here is dipping below $2/gal. Trucks trucks trucks, and bro trucks. Little cars aren't "cool".
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

All-New Honda Fit Goes On Sale In Japan With Two Powertrains, Optional AWD

Japan is the first market in the world to get the all-new Fit subcompact.

On sale from February 14, the fourth-generation Honda Fit (sold as the Jazz in Europe) is available with five trim levels and two powertrains in its home country. In the increasing order of their specification, the trim levels are called Basic, Home, Ness, Crosstar and Luxe.

Each one is available with either a 1.3-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder gasoline engine mated to a CVT or an e:HEV two-motor hybrid system hooked to an eCVT. All-wheel drive is optional with each powertrain and trim level.

The base powertrain delivers 98 PS (97 HP) at 6,000 rpm and 118 Nm (87 lb-ft) of torque at 5,000 rpm. The combined fuel economy for the FWD model is as low as 20.4 km/L (4.9 l/100 km / 48 mpg US) as per WLTC.

The Fit e:HEV hybrid combines the 1.5-liter i-VTEC gasoline engine with an electric propulsion motor rated at 80 kW (109 PS / 107 HP) and 253 Nm (187 lb-ft) of torque. The drivetrain also includes a starter generator motor and a lithium-ion battery pack. Unsurprisingly, the hybrid model is more fuel-efficient, returning 28.8 km/L (3.5 l/100 km / 67.7 mpg US) in FWD guise.

The 2020 Fit builds on its predecessors' functionality, offering a more spacious and comfortable cabin than ever before. For example, the A-pillars are now much slimmer, significantly improving visibility in combination with the flat-topped instrument panel.

Honda says the redesigned seats are more comfortable than before thanks to additional soft padding, making long-distance driving less tiring for all occupants. Additionally, cabin space and luggage capacity are now more generous – and the Magic Seats remain on offer.

Safety-wise, all 2020 Fit models come with the Honda Sensing suite as standard, including a new front wide-view camera. It consists of Collision Mitigation Braking System, False Start Prevention, False Backward Start Prevention, Pedestrian Collision Mitigation Steering System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist and more.

The all-new Fit is also the first model sold in Japan to get the 9-inch Honda Connect infotainment system compatible with Honda Total Care Premium connected service.

Prices in Japan start from 1,557,600 yen ($14,180) for the Fit Basic with the 1.3-liter gasoline engine and FWD. The Fit e:HEV Basic in front-wheel-drive configuration is priced from 1,997,600 yen ($18,185).

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/all-new-honda-fit-goes-on-sale-in-japan-with-two-powertrains-optional-awd/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

I feel like the least amount of effort possible went into this.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on February 14, 2020, 01:33:51 PM
I feel like the least amount of effort possible went into this.

Designers cost money. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie