Doing Over 300km/h (188 Mph) On Public Roads In An Audi RS Q8 Takes Guts

Started by cawimmer430, January 18, 2020, 07:42:55 AM

cawimmer430

Autobahn.  :wub:  :praise:

Doing Over 300km/h (188 Mph) On Public Roads In An Audi RS Q8 Takes Guts

You'd need a large dose of the brave pill to drive any car at over 300 km/h (186 mph) on public roads, let alone an SUV, though this here is not your run-of-the-mill high-rider, but the Nurburgring record holder for the category, the Audi RS Q8.

There are only a few places left in the world where your average motorist can drive at dizzying speeds without breaking the law, and this RS Q8 was set loose on a certain German highway that doesn't know what speed limits are. So, how fast can it go? Up to 305 km/h (190 mph) when fitted with the optional Dynamic package, or 250 km/h (155 mph) without it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6VuyXWcXzo

Propelling it from rest to 100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.8 and from 0-200 km/h (0-124 mph) in 13.7 seconds is a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8. It features a mild-hybrid system, cylinder deactivation technology and comes matched to an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. As for the actual numbers pumped out at a hard push of the fun pedal, these are 600 PS (591 hp / 441 kW) and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) of torque.

The white RS Q8 featured on film below was pushed all the way up to 303 km/h (188 mph). That took balls of steel and a lot of patience, as other cars kept pulling into the left lane. The driver eventually managed to take the performance Audi crossover very close to its maximum speed for a few adrenaline-pumping seconds, before he lifted off the throttle.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/01/doing-over-300km-h-188-mph-on-public-roads-in-an-audi-rs-q8-takes-guts/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

Makes me miss the Autobahn!!!!     

American drivers would be all about smashing that left guardrail..... Fastest my car could do was about 135mph (217km/h)
I had a 1992 minivan that the speedo went up to 110mph and it could do about 5-10mph faster on its own but I probably got it up to 125-130mph drafting a Cayenne :mask:
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 26, 2020, 06:44:34 PM
Makes me miss the Autobahn!!!!     

American drivers would be all about smashing that left guardrail..... Fastest my car could do was about 135mph (217km/h)
I had a 1992 minivan that the speedo went up to 110mph and it could do about 5-10mph faster on its own but I probably got it up to 125-130mph drafting a Cayenne :mask:

It's under threat here from all the Greenies. They want a speed limit of 120 km/h, which is slow. Imagine driving hundreds of kilometers at that speed - I can't stand it. It makes me sleepy and my concentration lapses.

They also want to reduce the state road speed limit from 100 km/h to 80 km/h....

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 27, 2020, 06:51:15 AM

It's under threat here from all the Greenies. They want a speed limit of 120 km/h, which is slow. Imagine driving hundreds of kilometers at that speed - I can't stand it. It makes me sleepy and my concentration lapses.

They also want to reduce the state road speed limit from 100 km/h to 80 km/h....
They should be demanding recommissioning of the nuclear power stations and the decommissioning of those old non-carbon-friendly coal burners.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on February 04, 2020, 07:43:46 AM
They should be demanding recommissioning of the nuclear power stations and the decommissioning of those old non-carbon-friendly coal burners.

The Greens - the RETARDS of German politics - have proposed an exception. Actually it was only one retarded Green Party politician who proposed this, the rest of his retarded political party is pro-speed limit. Anyway, this asshole proposed that only EVs should could be legally allowed to speed since they are soooooooooooooooo good for the environment. The bad ICE cars on the other hand should be limited to 120 km/h.

And people wonder why I despise this retarded bullshit Green Party.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article205578475/Tempolimit-Gruener-Janecek-macht-Vorschlag-zu-Ausnahmen-fuer-Elektroautos.html

www.wimmerfotografie.de