New Toyota Venza, Sienna

Started by 2o6, May 22, 2020, 03:11:54 PM

2o6

The JDM Toyota Harrier has been introduced as the new Venza. In theory, it's a Honda Passport or Ford Edge competitor. Wheelbase and width are the same as the RAV4, but it's 5" longer.

Power comes from the RAV4 Hybrid's 2.5L system, so about 213HP, and e4WD. No gas engine available.

Also, the latest Sienna is now here. Like the Venza, hybrid only - a 2.5L hybrid setup, but here it makes 243HP. e4WD is also an option. 33MPG!

https://www.motor1.com/news/423740/2021-toyota-sienna-details/
https://www.motor1.com/news/423753/2021-toyota-venza-first-look/

Eye of the Tiger

Can it take off and land vertically?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Xer0

I really really really like the new Venza.  I think it looks classy as hell and that powertrain is making everyone happy in the Rav4.  When it comes time for my mom to replace her old GLK, I'm going to try and get her to look at the Venza hard.

CALL_911

Damn, they both look great. I always liked the old Venza, not sure why it got as much hate as it did.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

I do, however, hate the fact that the Venza doesn't have a volume knob. Honda reverted from these stupid "rocker" buttons to the good old knob, why did Toyota have to stick with them?

Other nitpick, the bezels around the Sienna's infotainment screen look gigantic, subsequently making the screen look tiny.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Laconian

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 22, 2020, 05:00:14 PM
Damn, they both look great. I always liked the old Venza, not sure why it got as much hate as it did.

Buick steering ratios and a pretty cramped interior for how big the rest of the car is.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Quote from: Laconian on May 22, 2020, 05:05:59 PM
Buick steering ratios and a pretty cramped interior for how big the rest of the car is.

Fair enough

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 22, 2020, 05:00:14 PM

Too station wagon-esque. See Chrysler Pacifica.

FoMoJo

The Venza looks good. it's how the rear is finished that makes or breaks an SUV.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

veeman

33 mpg for a big heavy minivan is ridiculously good.  That's basically the same as a current generation Corolla. 

AutobahnSHO

Sienna is very interesting- going to be game-changing for the segment- as much as Honda's disappearing 3rd row.  I mean sure Pacifica has a hybrid but it's optional and I would guess pretty low in the percentage of takers vs the normal engine. This will be ALL the Siennas.

I don't like the appearance of the current Sienna as much as the others. But the AWD has been a definite bonus for those that live in snowy areas.
Will

Payman

Saw the Venza and said, not bad... Toyota toned down the weirdness. Then I saw the Sienna.  :facepalm:

Supra taillights? really?

Payman

I must say I like both interiors though, very interesting. Toyota can get pretty frikkin weird with interiors. Love they both have NORMAL SHIFTERS. The console bridge in the Sienna is a cool touch.