Herb

Started by Rich, January 04, 2021, 07:21:40 AM

Rich

Meet Herb, a 2017 White FWD HR-V LX with a 2.0 NA 4 and a CVT with 36,000 miles.  The wife's Civic was getting on in age so we decided to switch the car situation up a bit.  With homeownership, a hatch would come in much handier than a compact sedan and a Miata.  So, we traded in the Miata for Herb.  The wind noise is annoying, but everything else is nice about this thing.  I used to hate CVTs until this, but it is very responsive.  The extra cargo space is nice, as is the way the seat cushions can fold up for some vertical space.  All the interior bits that move feel well designed and sturdy.  The steering is not half bad, but I'm sure nowhere near a Mazda 3/CX5. 

I showed my wife competing cute utes and she liked the Honda the best.  She had a good experience with her Civic after some reliability nightmares with a Nissan and Toyota before that, so she wanted to stick with the brand.  She liked the ease of entry and exit on the HR-V over the Fit, even though they have the same cargo area.  We drove around much of central GA trying to get the best deal, and it turns out the best one to be had was right here in Macon.  We received a 22k trade-in on the Miata, of which half was still financed, and the HR-V was 17k.  We paid cash for the difference, tax, and title. 

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Payman

So many response scenarios running through my head. I'll need a while to find something that at least appears complimentary.  :lol:

MrH

A crossover of some sort is pretty much mandatory if you own a house I think.  Congrats!  I saw the Miata other thread.  Glad you stayed in the Miata family.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

Quote from: Rockraven on January 04, 2021, 08:28:08 AM
So many response scenarios running through my head. I'll need a while to find something that at least appears complimentary.  :lol:

:lol:

We are banking some money now, that's for sure.  Max Gainz
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Payman

Ah, I see you got another NB. This isn't the catastrophe I thought it was.  :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Hatches are great! Congrats!
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Herb is a good name for that
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)