Fully-Restored 1965 VW Bus Type II Will Cost You More Than A New Porsche Taycan

Started by cawimmer430, February 04, 2021, 10:57:41 AM

cawimmer430

This Fully-Restored 1965 VW Bus Type II Will Cost You More Than A New Porsche Taycan

When we think of Osprey, the first thing that comes to mind is its custom Land Rover Defenders, but the company can take on other projects every now and then, such as this classic Volkswagen Type II, which was given a new lease on life.

Made in 1965, it underwent full restoration in 2019, which included disassembly and sandblasting, before getting the beautiful navy blue and white paint finish, new glass with stainless steel frames, front safari windows, headlamps and LED taillights, and wheels.

Capable of seating seven, the interior features navy blue and white sunbrella upholstery, custom-stitched front door cards, bamboo floors on top of the Dynamat sound deadening, LED dome lights, new buttons, knobs and handles, cubbies hidden underneath the seats, cup holders, storage bins and more. There is also a premium sound system on deck, as well as Bluetooth and iPod connection.

As Osprey put it, "there is nothing on this van that wasn't thoroughly gone-through and either restored or replaced", and that includes the 1.6-liter engine, which was rebuilt in 2018. As a result, the Bus can hit 60-65 mph (96-105 km/h) "with no issues", according to the vendor, because if you haven't realized it yet, it is for sale, and it has nearly 600 miles (965 km) on the odometer since it was fully restored.

The classic Volkswagen is offered with a clean NC title for an asking price of $89,950, which for those keeping tabs, is more than a new Porsche Taycan ($80k). If that hasn't put you off and you're still interested in parking it in your garage, then you can find the listing here.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/this-fully-restored-1965-vw-bus-type-ii-will-cost-you-more-than-a-new-porsche-taycan/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

JWC

I watched an auction on TV for a early sixties VW camper. Went for $400,000.  I kept thinking why did I sell my 1964---well, actually I gave it away to my uncle.