Toyota's First True EV?

Started by SJ_GTI, April 19, 2021, 06:36:22 AM

SJ_GTI

Saw this on TCL so figured I'd post it here for comments. Will be interesting to see how well this does. I think Toyota has a lot of brand cache in the US so this could sell like gangbusters for those people who have been "EV hesitant" until now, but once the super reliable Toyota is in the game they might be willing to trust them.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/18/toyota-bz4x-electric-crossover-etnga-platform-subaru-reveal/

Looks generic IMHO, but I don't really follow Toyota much myself so maybe this fits in with their designs.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Gotta-Qik-C7

That's a wild fender design/paint scheme!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

Interior is a bit of an eyesore.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Galaxy

that piece around the instrument cluster is a no go.

Speed_Racer

Wasn't Toyota's CEO just saying that EVs were/are overhyped?

Laconian

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 19, 2021, 11:07:15 AM

2007: Steve Jobs says that native apps are overhyped and we should all just write shit for HTML5.
2008+: App store debuts, Apple completely nerfs Safari and ignores the web.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 19, 2021, 11:07:15 AM

Looks like Toyota's biggest investors are pushing them to develop EVs. I don't think the company cares other than that
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Morris Minor

It has... buttons - people want/need buttons whatever the motive force behind the drivetrain.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤