Saved by the shizznizzle!

Started by shp4man, May 07, 2021, 02:48:07 PM

shp4man

So I just finished repairing rat chewed wiring on a 2019 f-150. The "Platinum" model with every option known to man hung on it.
I've never really seen the point of these vehicles, I mean, if you want a Lexus or a Caddy, then don't buy a pickup.
So I'm bopping along at about 40 and some older person turns into a shopping center. I slow down but in the microsecond Gramps gets out of the way, some asshat zooms into the lane as I'm accelerating. No crunch, though, because the Truck slammed on it's own brakes! Scared the shit out of me. Not the asshat, the truck slamming on it's own brakes.  :lol:
Saved by the Shizznizzle!

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

The ABS crunch really sounds awful when that happens. The only times I've ever experienced emergency braking have been false positives.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on May 07, 2021, 04:28:14 PM
The ABS crunch really sounds awful when that happens. The only times I've ever experienced emergency braking have been false positives.
The CR-V saved me once - inattention-derived barreling in to the back of a line of stopped cars. All the rest were false positives.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MX793

ABS triggers are pretty routine in the winter here.  I think the only time I've ever triggered it when there wasn't snow was on the track.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5