WTF?

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, June 14, 2021, 10:53:17 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

Everyone gets drunk in a bar and comes up with some crazy/stupid/bad ideas.

Everyone usually laughs and says "you can't do that" and 99.99999 percent of the time the idea is just lost and abandoned once you sober up.

Apparently, not this guy. Lord knows what the hell the point of this was.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/d/zimmerman-2005-chevy-malibu-custom/7333771208.html

Submariner

It's not like that mod is a real downgrade from where the car started.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Laconian

Ah, love that rental grade interior! If only it were a Maxx, though..
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FlatBlackCaddy

What really blew me away, other than all the work into that cage, was shortening the wheelbase......that's a ton of work for....????

FlatBlackCaddy

The level of metal/custom work is high, that custom back panel is top notch.

Even if the car was free, anyone capable of that work would have to have been on something to waste all that time in something so mundane.

GoCougs

Genius/will/strength - exactly like that of the story Kurtz in Apocalypses Now tells of the villagers hacking the inoculated arms off their children.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

I'm assuming his AC stopped working
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Speed_Racer

This is a true wtf frankenstein. All that work hacking the frame & rollcage, but he decided to keep the motor & 4-speed auto transmission???

Laconian

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on June 15, 2021, 12:39:32 AM
The level of metal/custom work is high, that custom back panel is top notch.

Even if the car was free, anyone capable of that work would have to have been on something to waste all that time in something so mundane.

We're talking about it now, aren't we?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Yeah, I could understand an NA Miata... I'd hate him, but I'd understand it. This, no.

MX793

If GM had ventured to build a mass produced rival to the Ariel Atom, I think this is exactly what we'd have gotten.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

veeman

Reminds me of the Buddhist monk tradition of sand mandalas.  They spend hundreds of hours making these very artistic intricate sand paintings and then immediately ceremonially destroy them.  This guy spent maybe hundreds of hours on a very artistic intricate car project which has no apparent material purpose.  And now he's selling it for the cost of his parts.