2020 Nissan Versa

Started by 2o6, April 13, 2019, 11:48:13 AM

2o6

I think it looks pretty good; like a mini Maxima.

Power comes from the 1.6L in the Kicks, and it looks like the dashboard is shared with the Kicks. Goes to a CVT, or a 5MT.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/2020-nissan-versa-packs-sharper-styling-new-tech-and-more-power/

Eye of the Tiger

It looks a lot better, but it's still a piece of shit and Nissan can suck it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Not bad.  Seems to be following the trend of cleaner lines with less wrinkles and crinkles.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Nissin grilles are so......double-chin-y. 

12,000 RPM

Curious to hear about the "enhanced" CVT and the hatch version. Personally, not a fan of Nissan's new design language. Way too angular.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 13, 2019, 01:26:56 PM
Curious to hear about the "enhanced" CVT and the hatch version. Personally, not a fan of Nissan's new design language. Way too angular.

I think "enhanced CVT" in the Nissan world just means it is programmed to "shift" between and hold some specific ratios. Other Nissan vehicles already had this feature. I generally hate how these fake shifting CVTs drive even more than the normal CVT operation. In theory, it might actually reduce wear and heat in the CVT. Or not, since they are stupid and never actually hold the ratios for very long. Of course, I pulled all of that out of my ass.

I do appreciate the idea of the new Toyota CVT with the launch gear. Otherwise, CVTs can die.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 13, 2019, 01:26:56 PM

I think the "hatch" is the Kicks.

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 13, 2019, 01:51:26 PM
I think "enhanced CVT" in the Nissan world just means it is programmed to "shift" between and hold some specific ratios. Other Nissan vehicles already had this feature. I generally hate how these fake shifting CVTs drive even more than the normal CVT operation. In theory, it might actually reduce wear and heat in the CVT. Or not, since they are stupid and never actually hold the ratios for very long. Of course, I pulled all of that out of my ass.

I do appreciate the idea of the new Toyota CVT with the launch gear. Otherwise, CVTs can die.

I feel like it makes wear worse, because I think the cones and belt are moving more often and more abruptly

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 13, 2019, 01:51:26 PM

I liked the way the CVT in the Maxima simulated ratios . I think it can be useful. I was hoping "enhanced" CVT would be the addition of a launch gear like Toyota's.

Quote from: 2o6 on April 13, 2019, 01:52:29 PM

I think the "hatch" is the Kicks.
Fuck, you're right. Well I wasn't in the market for these anyway. Just trying to shoot Nissan some bail
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 13, 2019, 06:45:55 PM
I liked the way the CVT in the Maxima simulated ratios . I think it can be useful. I was hoping "enhanced" CVT would be the addition of a launch gear like Toyota's.
Fuck, you're right. Well I wasn't in the market for these anyway. Just trying to shoot Nissan some bail

Actually, it looks like the Versa is finally on the same platform as the Clio and Micra.

The hatchback actually is the euro Micra.