New Nissan Sentra

Started by 12,000 RPM, April 16, 2019, 07:40:18 AM

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

Let's see it in base level trim... :lol:

2o6

Technically it's the Sylphy, and it's not revealed as the Sentra yet.

But it looks good. Quantum leap over the old car.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 16, 2019, 07:41:38 AM
Let's see it in base level trim... :lol:
Fair point but I think they will all get that screen

The basic design is very solid... well ahead of most of its competition

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 16, 2019, 08:07:47 AM
Fair point but I think they will all get that screen

The basic design is very solid... well ahead of most of its competition

I agree.  Very solid.

Eye of the Tiger

Looks like lipstick and a thick layer of foundation on a three legged retarded pig.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

RomanChariot

I kind of like the design. The front and back look pretty good but I am not as crazy about the side profile and don't care for the floating roof. However, with that drivetrain it is kind of like a eunuch strutting around in a codpiece.

cawimmer430

Slap an Infiniti badge on that steering wheel and that cockpit is worthy of being in a Q50 sport sedan! Very nice.

Digging that orange exterior color.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Minor changes, but finally released in the USA.

It's auto only, so I no longer care.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29833937/2020-nissan-sentra-photos-info/

12,000 RPM

I HATE the jagged application of that floating C-pillar treatment

The Maxima looks better than the Altima without it and the Altima's low key awesome proportions and shape are ruined by it. Nissan needs to add more radius to all its corner points.

This should do well, just like the revamped Forte.

MrH

I can't point to one unique thing about it.

It's just a jumble of every lame styling element in the entire industry right now.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

HurricaneSteve

Nissan already had the greatest product lineup in the industry before this reveal but now they've become ultimate. This could be the greatest compact sedan in the history of automotives.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on November 21, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
Nissan already had the greatest product lineup in the industry before this reveal but now they've become ultimate. This could be the greatest compact sedan in the history of automotives.

Wow. Such innovative. Very industry leading. Much number one.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on November 21, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
The Sentra has never been great, but this one is probably the best one yet, and is decent for its intended purpose.

veeman

Getting a Versa or Sentra in the rental lot is like getting a home made doll or plush toy in elementary school during the Christmas gift exchange.  You walk away with that hollow feeling inside as if you've been wronged in life. 

This should correct that.  Good job Nissan!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 22, 2019, 05:26:19 AM
The Sentra has never been great, but this one is probably the best one yet, and is decent for its intended purpose.

Wrong.
This will remain the best Sentra

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 22, 2019, 11:09:11 AM
Wrong.
This will remain the best Sentra

WRONG! FAKE NEWS!

This will be the best Nissan Sentra ever, the California! Be patriotic, bro! California!  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 29, 2019, 11:43:39 AM

Amazing car, but was it a Sentra? I though it was an NXE209474 or something.

Laconian

I think that was a Pulsar.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

My friend wanted one so badly about eight or nine years ago. Their resale was quite high.

12,000 RPM

You can put stripes on the tail lights and put on a cool baseball cap, but a Sentra is still a Sentra at heart.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 29, 2019, 02:25:20 PM
You can put stripes on the tail lights and put on a cool baseball cap, but a Sentra is still a Sentra at heart.

Are you sure the Pulsar wasn't based on the Stanza? I don't know, and I'm not cheating and looking it up.

Laconian

Yes, I believe the Pulsar predated the Sentra. I didn't look that up, either.

MX793

Nissan had some weird naming practices.  The Pulsar did not predate the Sentra.  Nissan sold a Sentra in the US in the 80s.

The US market Sentra in the 80s and 90s was the Sunny in other markets.  The Pulsar was sold as the Sentra in Europe at one point.  All of those Nissan compacts are kind of mechanically related.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

I thought the Pulsar was a Sentra in a baseball cap with the CA18DE

Nissan was so fucking ridiculous with engines in the 80s/90s.... CA, SR, KA.... VG, RB, VQ... it's no wonder they damn near went bankrupt.

veeman

My friend got a Pulsar as his 16th birthday present in the 80s.  Red car with the stripey taillights.  Not the sportbak (which I don't ever remember seeing) but the regular compact.  It was cool looking.