Black Betty

Started by CaminoRacer, April 24, 2016, 01:34:59 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 01, 2020, 11:56:58 PM
I could get the bike started with the primer setting on the petcock but once I got it going and switched it to the normal vacuum setting, it would eventually die. Didn't want to rev or come off the choke because it accelerated the fuel usage and killed it faster...

Runs great now that the vacuum hose is connected

Oh, yeah. I think I plugged that vacuum line on my ol bikes and just had normal petcocks.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

I put it up for sale. $2k seems reasonable. Had 1 girl come look at it today but she's short and a new rider so she wasn't comfortable with the seat height. She probably needs a Honda Rebel or Yamaha Bolt or something. Another guy texted me but won't do more than $1500. I think $1800 is my minimum. I don't need to get rid of it, just don't ride it much so might as well sell it
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Speed_Racer

The best part of riding season is just getting started - no use in taking low offers for now

CaminoRacer

Sold for $1700. Guy knows his bikes so I trust he'll take good care of it and be able to maintain it.

Mods, lock the thread! :lol:

Speed_Racer

Lol adios Black Betty

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 24, 2020, 01:09:22 PM
Sold for $1700. Guy knows his bikes so I trust he'll take good care of it and be able to maintain it.

Mods, lock the thread! :lol:
So, another bike or is that phase over?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 24, 2020, 03:07:25 PM
So, another bike or is that phase over?

Probably not. I find cars more fun & practical.