Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

SVT_Power

I had the bike out for a quick ride on Saturday, and it's going into the 50's tomorrow. Season ain't over yet  :rockon:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

It's 45F right now...appears that most of the snow we had is gone, though it may be a different story in the woods.

I'm bored, have nothing to do...might bundle up and go for a rip...probably nice and muddy.

SVT_Power

Going up to 60(!) degrees today :mask:

But it'll be cooler by the time I get out of work :cry:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Speed_Racer

It was mid to upper 60s the entire Thanksgiving weekend, so I racked up about 400 miles between the VStrom and the Streety during the break. But now it's back to cold and windy :(

giant_mtb

Getting a lot of false 1-2 shifts.  Rawr.

Good ride, though.  Muddy, some snow in a few shady areas, but nothing to stop me.  Couldn't pass up the opportunity.

giant_mtb

The Great Orange Leader has spoken.

12,000 RPM

I need to sort out this damn wiring situation. Front turn signals and horn
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT_Power

Finally cleaned my chain and pulled the battery after parking the bike last weekend.

:(

CaminoRacer

My battery is gonna be heckin dead. I'm getting a charger for Christmas but it really needs to be charged now, not a month from now.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Official information from the CHP (California Highway Patrol). When splitting lanes, the motorcycle shouldn't be going faster than 10 miles an hour over the speed of other traffic.
If regular traffic is moving faster than 40mph, splitting is no.longer legal.

I agree with that.

giant_mtb

12,000 RPM

Thats how I played it in NYC.... cops would wave me by

Speed_Racer

Very reasonable recommendations.

I lane split when I was in LA a few years ago - it really wasn't that bad if you're following those guidelines. Drivers were very considerate (at least for the short time I was there), moving over to give me a little more space to pass. It was also much better than sitting in traffic for what would have been two hours or so.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Poor #5. :lol:

Also, I can't tell if that's a "real" video or not. lol

Speed_Racer

Oh wow haha. It needs some commentary like MXC

Speed_Racer

It was 50 degrees out yesterday, so I checked off a few assorted to-dos on my winter maintenance lists then took each one on a short ride to get the fluids moving. I love them all.

CaminoRacer

It was 46 today, so I put the battery back in the bike and took it for a birthday ride.

Sometimes I forget how glorious the open header sounds. :wub: :wub:

12,000 RPM

Damn, not a bad idea, warm over here too though I don't want to be reminded of how unsorted and awful my suspension is

shp4man

12,000 RPM

So much for selling the cockroach..... I do miss street riding a little bit. Just got a new set of tires (back one caught a glass chip the day after my track day), and I'm getting GSX-R cartridges for the forks and a revalved R1 shock out back. Surprisingly people are still paying good money for these things... hope I can get back about what I paid for it ($3K)

CaminoRacer

Why are you switching the rear shock again?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 24, 2018, 09:26:16 AM
Why are you switching the rear shock again?
Track day revealed it sucked. Just way too soft with not enough body control. I got a much stiffer spring and the revalve will optimize it.

giant_mtb

Change the suspension every time you ride and you'll never be satisfied.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 24, 2018, 09:39:00 AM
Track day revealed it sucked. Just way too soft with not enough body control. I got a much stiffer spring and the revalve will optimize it.

Oh, is the current shock an R1 as well? So you're just improving the mod instead of re-modding.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 24, 2018, 02:33:17 PM
Oh, is the current shock an R1 as well? So you're just improving the mod instead of re-modding.
It's from the previous one. Adjustable rebound and compression and a good spring rate. Huge upgrade. I should have did this from the jump

giant_mtb

Watching the X Games snow bike cross.  Harley Davidson is a major sponsor. lol That's like Kleenex sponsoring a toilet paper competition.