Author Topic: Motorcycles.  (Read 224906 times)

Offline giant_mtb

• UP Detailing
Re: Motorcycles.
« Reply #8280 on: August 11, 2017, 09:23:34 am »
I don't do rides like that, for that reason. Something about big groups makes people turn off their brain and do the stupidest stuff.

A couple of my dirt biking buddies are like that.  We'll have a group of five or so, which means they're doing wheelies on road sections and shit.  I don't mind because it's fun to watch, but I do, because it projects a bad image.

Offline Speed_Racer

• SLC
Re: Motorcycles.
« Reply #8281 on: August 11, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »
I test drove a BMW GS Trophy and a Tiger 800XCA during lunch today because why not - they are running a promo that a test ride gets you $50 in apparel credit.

The BMW was seriously underwhelming. It looks SO good, but it was a let down. The parallol twin was very smooth and quiet at around town speeds, but it gave me some weird vibrations in my nether-regions at freeway speeds. Uninspiring exhaust note, not enough oomph for me on a on-ramp acceleration pull. Overall...just meh.

The Tiger - I love the sound and pull of that 800 triple, but you have to wind it up to the higher end of the tach to get . It's very smooth on/off throttle around town, good seating position, wind blocking was good.

Triumph wins today's side-by-side comparo.
Behold the most unusual collection:
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS, 2003 Suzuki SV650S, 2004 Suzuki DL1000, 2010 Suzuki SX4 AWD (temporarily)