The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

the Teuton

Quote from: dazzleman on February 27, 2011, 02:51:05 PM
I got a bit past 80 mph today, but that was it.

BTW, Connecticut is nucking futs to drive in. I got all worried when you mentioned how rabid the cops were last year, but I was legitimately the slowest driver at 70 mph or so in that state.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Quote from: the Teuton on February 27, 2011, 02:58:28 PM
BTW, Connecticut is nucking futs to drive in. I got all worried when you mentioned how rabid the cops were last year, but I was legitimately the slowest driver at 70 mph or so in that state.

I said the cops here were rabid?

I've been pretty lucky here so far.  The cops here tend to do a lot of special detail enforcements, but not much day-to-day enforcement.  So if you see a cop out, watch out; you'll probably see a lot more.  It seems that they're either totally absent, or there's saturation enforcement.  And if you get snagged in one of those special enforcement details, you're getting a ticket.  Trust me, I know.  :devil:

But people here drive pretty fast, and on a day-to-day basis, the cops don't interfere that much.  I don't worry about it anyway.  If I get a ticket, so be it.  I haven't had one in years, and I'm long overdue.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 28, 2011, 12:50:30 PM
Weak.

On a bad day you can only drive that fast. The Autobahns are full these days so driving over 200 km/h is often a luxury, especially on the "short" Autobahns in my region.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

According to my smart phone I reached a top speed of 7 km/h today walking in the city!  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

65 km/h in the city today! I'm such a badass!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hotrodalex

About 470 mph on Thursday.

Oh wait, driving, not flying...

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 05, 2011, 09:17:50 AM
About 470 mph.

What kind of 4395489548939433809348043-hp V8 car are you driving?  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hotrodalex

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 05, 2011, 09:18:26 AM
What kind of 4395489548939433809348043-hp V8 car are you driving?  :thumbsup:

A Boeing. :ohyeah:

It's a little big, even for American streets, though. I'd hate to see someone try to drive it down a tight European street.

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 05, 2011, 09:19:25 AM
A Boeing. :ohyeah:

It's a little big, even for American streets, though. I'd hate to see someone try to drive it down a tight European street.

I don't want to know about your fuel costs.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

62 mph*.

In my driveway.

*Indicated, my wheels were spinning a tad. :lol:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

Oh, 1 or 2 mph, ambling about the garage.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

In the BMW 118i heading down to M?hldorf: 200 km/h

In the Mercedes E350 CGI driving back up to Munich: 150 km/h (traffic conditions didn't permit faster speeds)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MrH

I hit 130 mph in an E60 M5 last week.  Granted, I was riding in it, not driving, but damn, that thing is quick.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

And here's an uncreative video where I was taking it slow (80 km/h speed limit).  :tounge:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=622357

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 05, 2011, 09:17:50 AM
About 470 mph on Thursday.

Most commercial jets cruise at 500+
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

hounddog

Went for coffee this morning, nowhere else.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Mustangfan2003

I was doing 75 in a 65 today in the rain  :pullover:

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 08, 2011, 10:58:03 AM

And here's an uncreative video where I was taking it slow (80 km/h speed limit).  :tounge:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=622357

This runs totally counter to the common argument of GERMANS ARE TOO FOCUSED ON DRIVING TO USE SILLY CUPHOLDERS. Well, you're not too focused to be holding a camera!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

hounddog

Quote from: Laconian on March 08, 2011, 02:33:40 PM
This runs totally counter to the common argument of GERMANS ARE TOO FOCUSED ON DRIVING TO USE SILLY CUPHOLDERS. Well, you're not too focused to be holding a camera!
Be glad, when the Germans do become focused on something it usually requires intervention with about 3 million troops.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

The Pirate

Quote from: hounddog on March 08, 2011, 03:18:53 PM
Be glad, when the Germans do become focused on something it usually requires intervention with about 3 million troops.

:clap:  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CJ

I did about 38 today.  Went at got prints made.

hounddog

I took the wifes vehicle to the cafe this morning. 

Coffee actually tasted better afterwards.

:huh:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

cawimmer430

200 km/h on the Autobahn to Gr?nwald. Did some shopping for food there.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on March 08, 2011, 02:33:40 PM

It's not that hard to photograph the speedometer at that speed with a good camera. I'm using my Nokia C7 smart phone for these shots. It's easy and quick. Try doing this with a DSLR!  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rupert

It's even easier to reach down and grab your cup to take a drink.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rupert on March 09, 2011, 08:53:16 PM
It's even easier to reach down and grab your cup to take a drink.

If your car has XXXL cup holders.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de