The G-spot

Started by SVT666, January 09, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

12,000 RPM

JFC. I work in the country and it's nowhere near that bad. My last boss was a local and he drives an E90 335i.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Morris Minor

My G's FM radio reception has gone bad - it's like someone unplugged the antenna. But AM is fine.
Guessing service managers are going to go with "you need a complete new center stack"
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Laconian

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 05, 2018, 06:13:47 AM
My G's FM radio reception has gone bad - it's like someone unplugged the antenna. But AM is fine.
Guessing service managers are going to go with "you need a complete new center stack"

AM and FM use two different antennae IIRC. It might've come unplugged.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

Welp, I'm nearing 140,000 miles on my G. Paint is starting to go a bit on the rear bumper (clear coat on one corner, bubbling around US parking sensor) and my bomb can special on the wheels, and ride has gotten harsh and it's probably shocks/struts (which I had replaced at ~70,000 miles, so it's about due to the tune of ~$1,200). I've stopped chasing down interior rattles as well. All in all though, other than the aforementioned and a bit of road rash, the body and paint are in excellent shape and otherwise the car looks very good overall - I still get compliments on it. I was all primed for the Allroad but sakes alive I've just not been interested in thinking about it - just busy with life. Meh, I'll have to do something before fall as I had to toss the G's snow tires and I don't want to put $1,200 of snow tires (and $1,200 in shocks/struts) on a $6,000 car I'm not going to to keep another 3-4 years.

shp4man

Quote from: GoCougs on April 06, 2018, 11:02:32 PM
Welp, I'm nearing 140,000 miles on my G. Paint is starting to go a bit on the rear bumper (clear coat on one corner, bubbling around US parking sensor) and my bomb can special on the wheels, and ride has gotten harsh and it's probably shocks/struts (which I had replaced at ~70,000 miles, so it's about due to the tune of ~$1,200). I've stopped chasing down interior rattles as well. All in all though, other than the aforementioned and a bit of road rash, the body and paint are in excellent shape and otherwise the car looks very good overall - I still get compliments on it. I was all primed for the Allroad but sakes alive I've just not been interested in thinking about it - just busy with life. Meh, I'll have to do something before fall as I had to toss the G's snow tires and I don't want to put $1,200 of snow tires (and $1,200 in shocks/struts) on a $6,000 car I'm not going to to keep another 3-4 years.

CR-V!  :lol:

CALL_911

Heh I actually thought of you yesterday, Cougs. Saw a white B9 allroad in the flesh- looked great. I would totally get one.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Laconian

Quote from: GoCougs on April 06, 2018, 11:02:32 PM

Google employees get a very good no-haggle VWAG discount, you might as well get a quote.

68_427

Awd turbo Mazda 6?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Morris Minor

Quote from: shp4man on April 07, 2018, 11:59:25 AM
CR-V!  :lol:
The answer to automotive life, the automotive universe and automotive everything is: CR-V

12,000 RPM

New RDX is worth a look

Laconian

GoCougs

Scuttlebutt is Acura is indeed working on Type-S variants of the RDX, TLX, and maybe others; prominently featuring a TTV6 (but of course by the time they debut Acura will be all but dead).

Morris Minor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 08, 2018, 12:48:08 PM
New RDX is worth a look
If it's a CR-V with a bit more oomph and sound deadening, it'll be worth having.

12,000 RPM

Honda claims otherwise, only out of humility- one would have to be quite bold to claim to have improved on the CR-V.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 09, 2018, 07:45:17 AM
Honda claims otherwise, only out of humility- one would have to be quite bold to claim to have improved on the CR-V.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on April 08, 2018, 07:36:26 PM
Scuttlebutt is Acura is indeed working on Type-S variants of the RDX, TLX, and maybe others; prominently featuring a TTV6 (but of course by the time they debut Acura will be all but dead).
Acura is the Memphis Bleek to Honda's Jay-Z. "As long as I'm alive he's a millionaire" Likewise as long as Honda is in business Acura will be selling Civic and Accord Broughams. We are talking about the company that recently updated the RLX for Christ's sake :lol:

Morris Minor

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 05, 2018, 06:13:47 AM
Took it to a car radio place today. If you use the station seek it doesn't find anything - scans all the way up the band & cycles again. They plugged in an actual old school grounded antenna and it was still fucked.

I don't want a replacement OEM: it's too limited. So they're going to put in a Pioneer head unit that does Car Play, full Bluetooth, and all the rest.

CALL_911

How are they going to integrate that head unit in?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

My question too since in the G the there are buttons both on the steering wheel and console that control the radio.

Galaxy

Quote from: GoCougs on May 17, 2018, 10:04:09 PM
My question too since in the G the there are buttons both on the steering wheel and console that control the radio.

You can buy can-bus adapters.

Morris Minor

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 17, 2018, 09:10:54 PM
How are they going to integrate that head unit in?
There's a kit specific to the G that brings it altogether & integrates the upper OEM display, backup camera, steering wheel controls etc.

12,000 RPM

Which kit are you going with? Grom Audio? I bought it but never installed it. They took forever to release the V1 for Infiniti, and then immediately dropped the V2. I was pissed so I returned it. They do make a good system though.

ICE is amazing and it's a bummer manufacturers are making the systems harder and harder to crack. I'm getting a Pioneer 7" Android Auto compatible H/U for the KIA for like $320. Back in the day that might have got you a H/U with 5V preouts and higher end tone/balance controls.

GoCougs

Approaching 150k miles on the G.

Now waiting for the G70. All indications are it's a major contender. One thing they got right is infotainment - touch screen and a few knobs and buttons - no joystick or finger pad or other nonsense (like a digital dash).

68_427

I say charger scat pack

Hnnng
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

Quote from: GoCougs on August 07, 2018, 08:57:33 AM
Approaching 150k miles on the G.

Now waiting for the G70. All indications are it's a major contender. One thing they got right is infotainment - touch screen and a few knobs and buttons - no joystick or finger pad or other nonsense (like a digital dash).

New Accord.  90% of the car for 2/3 the money.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Xer0

Quote from: MrH on August 08, 2018, 11:16:46 AM
New Accord.  90% of the car for 2/3 the money.

IIRC, AWD is a deal breaker for him. 

Although, my dad just bought the new Accord (1.5T Sport model with the CVT) and it really is a great car.  Has decent presence about it and looks very upscale, especially with the Sport wheels.

giant_mtb

New accords look sick with some options on 'em.  I think they have the right amount of subtle and the right amount of pizzazz.

GoCougs

The new Accord is indeed world class, and the 2.0T and 6MT combo is intriguing, but alas, I need AWD. Also, I'm not a fan of the pseudo hatchback styling.

giant_mtb

It's strange to me that Honda doesn't offer the Accord with AWD...?