Most ticketed cars

Started by AutobahnSHO, October 03, 2015, 08:37:10 AM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

I'd be curious of the break-down of ticket type for each car on the list.  Speeding?  Failure to signal?  Reckless driving?  Failure to obey a traffic control?  Equipment violations (tint too dark, loud exhaust, inspection out of date, burned out head/tail/brake lamp)?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rich

It was funny going down through the list and imagine every stereotypical owner for each car and thinking about the type of violation
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MX793 on October 03, 2015, 09:00:38 AM
I'd be curious of the break-down of ticket type for each car on the list.  Speeding?  Failure to signal?  Reckless driving?  Failure to obey a traffic control?  Equipment violations (tint too dark, loud exhaust, inspection out of date, burned out head/tail/brake lamp)?

Mercury Topaz: everything but speeding
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Basidetel

I think this one is the most beneficial.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Basidetel on May 12, 2016, 04:20:07 AM
I think this one is the most beneficial.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
Will

Soup DeVille

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 12, 2016, 07:58:00 AM
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Posts like this I think are more of a miner's canary for incoming Spam.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Rich on October 03, 2015, 09:39:53 AM
It was funny going down through the list and imagine every stereotypical owner for each car and thinking about the type of violation

:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 14, 2016, 08:01:54 AM
Where's Tim and his Dodge Aries?  :praise:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmoQTSoQYo

The only thing you could get a ticket for in an Aries is obstructing traffic.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

Given this is a percentage thing, I'm surprised the S2000 isn't at the top of the list

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Gotta-Qik-C7

I can vouch for #15.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

dazzleman

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on May 14, 2016, 11:20:04 AM
I can vouch for #15.....

Keep up the good work.  The list is probably mostly bullshit...glad to hear one of them is right.  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on May 14, 2016, 09:34:42 AM
The only thing you could get a ticket for in an Aries is obstructing traffic.

Even on the slow lane, eh? :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 14, 2016, 12:29:52 PM
Even on the slow lane, eh? :lol:

Did you ever drive one of those shitboxes?  It tells you how bad cars were in the 80s that that was considered to be the car that saved Chrysler.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on May 14, 2016, 02:47:54 PM
Did you ever drive one of those shitboxes?  It tells you how bad cars were in the 80s that that was considered to be the car that saved Chrysler.

I've never driven a 1980s American car. I would like to! :lol:

But in fairness to the Aries, I don't think anyone buying it would be interested in things like panel gap quality, interior quality, design etc. It seems like a car to me which people bought for cheap transportation and as long as it was reliable and got decent gas mileage they could live with it and tolerate it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 14, 2016, 03:50:12 PM
I've never driven a 1980s American car. I would like to! :lol:

But in fairness to the Aries, I don't think anyone buying it would be interested in things like panel gap quality, interior quality, design etc. It seems like a car to me which people bought for cheap transportation and as long as it was reliable and got decent gas mileage they could live with it and tolerate it.

Reliable?  That's a hoot.

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on May 14, 2016, 05:42:57 PM
Reliable?  That's a hoot.

Come on. That 22-horsepower engine is totally understressed. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

I didn't see my cars on the list
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on May 16, 2016, 05:31:16 AM
I didn't see my cars on the list

That's surprising.  Your ownership of them alone should have catapulted them to the top of the list.

Byteme

Quote from: dazzleman on May 14, 2016, 02:47:54 PM

It's always so easy to look back and be critical; compared to the bottom feeders today the K-car is crude but in the early 1980's it was pretty good - not great, not world beaters or even best in class, they were made to be competitive in their market niche and they were.   The k platform proved to be very versatile; It was the basis for everything from the Omni to the Dodge 400 to the original minivan that defined an entire new segment of the industry.

Where Chrysler went astray, IMO, is they relied way too much on that platform.   

dazzleman

Quote from: CLKid on May 22, 2016, 02:55:52 PM
It's always so easy to look back and be critical; compared to the bottom feeders today the K-car is crude but in the early 1980's it was pretty good - not great, not world beaters or even best in class, they were made to be competitive in their market niche and they were.   The k platform proved to be very versatile; It was the basis for everything from the Omni to the Dodge 400 to the original minivan that defined an entire new segment of the industry.

Where Chrysler went astray, IMO, is they relied way too much on that platform.   

I guess it served its intended purpose.  It seemed to sell well at a time when the pickings for decent cars were very slim.  But it was still a piece of shit.

Byteme

Quote from: dazzleman on May 22, 2016, 04:50:24 PM
I guess it served its intended purpose.  It seemed to sell well at a time when the pickings for decent cars were very slim.  But it was still a piece of shit.

In comparison to what is available today?   Probably so.  But recall that even an Exotic, like the Ferrari 308, compares poorly to today's mid level cars.

dazzleman

Quote from: CLKid on May 22, 2016, 06:10:27 PM
In comparison to what is available today?   Probably so.  But recall that even an Exotic, like the Ferrari 308, compares poorly to today's mid level cars.

Remember the Citation?

Byteme

Quote from: dazzleman on May 22, 2016, 07:46:10 PM
Remember the Citation?

Not really a highlight in GM's product history was it.