Element

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 07, 2015, 02:01:29 PM

MrH

Is the Accent gone? element is the only vehicle you have now?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Big things are coming. This weekend Imma gonna do ...

*engine oil and filter
*transmission oil and filter
*rear differential dual pump oil
*serpentine belt tensioner
*stripped wheel stud
*tire rotation
*polish headlights
*refill vtak
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

I need to figger out how to add 68 hosepower

Soup DeVille

That's oddly specific.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

That's evenly specific.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

xactly.

In more actuality, the front brakes cannot handle more power. They provide barely adequate stopping power and easily develop hot spots on the rotors while producing an obscene amount of dust.

Hawk makes these packages with a set of pads and a pair of cross slotted & drilled rotors for only about $150. I think I'll get the kit with LTS pads - for light trucks and SUVs.

Eye of the Tiger

Elements can fly, but at the expense of fluid loss.

Eye of the Tiger

When I pulled out the inline transmission filter, a bunch of black sludge oozed out. That means it was working, right?

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 01, 2016, 11:43:44 AM
When I pulled out the inline transmission filter, a bunch of black sludge oozed out. That means it was working, right?

Of course.

Until you get the ill-fated "Incorrect gear ratio" code and a CEL

Rupert

Why did you flip it on its side to work on it?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on October 01, 2016, 01:10:22 PM
Why did you flip it on its side to work on it?

It's safer than getting underneath.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on October 01, 2016, 12:00:10 PM

Of course.

Until you get the ill-fated "Incorrect gear ratio" code and a CEL

Impossibru! Erement is Japanese ... very good at math. Arways has correct gear ratio.

Eye of the Tiger

The gas tank and exhaust droop under the Element's flat floor like sweaty balls on a hot day. The exhaust is pretty tough and non-essential, but I noticed the plastic gas tank and metal gas tank protector bar were pretty scraped up from my off roading activities.

Hmm ...
http://www.ccmoffroad.com/honda-element-3-lift-kit/

Eye of the Tiger

I should trade this for a Mirage. $1500 factory rebates on those right now. Very MPG.

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 04, 2016, 08:57:53 PM
I should trade this for a Mirage. $1500 factory rebates on those right now. Very MPG.

Mirage + spintech
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

22 MPG this week. That is up from 19 MPG doing the same commute. Maintenance matters. Also, weather.

Eye of the Tiger

The damn driver's door lock cylinder has finally given up, despite great quantities of lube. It's a common problem. I think I'll just order a keyless entry module and a remote.

Eye of the Tiger

After doing all of this maintenance, polishing the headlights, etc., it is still an incredibly slow, slightly worn out CUV with body panels that will never quite line up because it's been crashed into twice.

Blargh.

I am taking it on a trip to Florida next week. At least it has cruise control and a bumpin stereo.

Eye of the Tiger

Damn my good reflexes and skills. I could have easily totalled this thing today, as a trailer with a bulldozer on it forced me into the path of a Caravan doing about 90 MPH. Oh, well.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger