Police car paint schemes

Started by Morris Minor, February 02, 2016, 02:30:26 PM

Morris Minor

The Georgia State Patrol vehicles used to to be blue & silver. Very distinctive & and established part of their "look." Now they are silver and, more and more frequently dark gray, with lettering & insignia in  slightly different dark gray. Excellent camouflage.

When the technology arrives I'm guessing they'll go with invisibility cloaks.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

We have a blue Mustang with white racing stripes around here. Assholes.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

WA State Patrol has a plethora of the new Caprice in unmarked livery - white, silver, green (but also plenty that aren't). My local force has moved to 100% trucks - Tahoes (even one Hybrid - think it's the chief's) and Silverados - about half of which are unmarked (but all dark blue).

veeman

Have to do something to combat Waze especially on interstate highways

MX793

I was much happier when NYS Police were prohibited from pulling people over with unmarked vehicles for traffic violations.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

GoCougs

IMO the best way to police traffic is by using unmarked cruisers moving with the flow of traffic. Much of the bad driving I see, esp. that indicating impaired driving which is by far the biggest danger on the roads, is hard/impossible to see from a stationary spot. I will say though I got popped by an unmarked cruiser some time ago - 91 in a 70 on a straight stretch of freeway a few miles long, bright and sunny and all (i.e., not legitimately dangerous IMO but whatevs).

FoMoJo

This is what the local police cruisers used to look like.

You could spot them from a mile away and when seen, everyone became a law-abiding driver.  I have an intense dislike of unmarked and so called ghost cop cars.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Morris Minor

We used to call these jam sandwiches:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Cookie Monster

I think I've seen a couple of the grey Chargers around. The local PD here uses mostly black (with maybe a white door or something) Exploders. The problem is a lot of the taxi services and Uber use black Exploders too, so now I shit bricks every time I see a god damn black fucking Exploder, which is about every other minute. :facepalm:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

93JC

I still think it's bullshit that my local cop cars went from this:

... which made it relatively obvious from a distance that they were cop cars; relative to THIS:

... which I'm thoroughly convinced they wanted for three reasons:
1) it "looks cooler"
2) "intimidation factor"
3) to make speed traps more difficult to spot

They should look like this: