2 (22.2%)
Turbo S
5 (55.6%)
Mugen Civic RR
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

SVT_Power

Quote from: MrH on July 29, 2016, 09:31:57 AM
Wow.  Terrible technique.  I expected more, given that he's asian.

Y'all just don't know about the secret techniques
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

12,000 RPM

If I had to pick a home base I sincerely doubt it would be in the US. French countryside, Cayman islands, maybe even Ghana. Only upsides to the US are the opportunities to make money and the quality of healthcare. Winning the lotto makes those advantages irrelevant.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: MrH on July 29, 2016, 09:31:57 AM
Wow.  Terrible technique.  I expected more, given that he's asian.

He's the Ichiro Suzuki of ping pong. His form is all wrong, but his results can't be denied.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 29, 2016, 10:23:50 AM
If I had to pick a home base I sincerely doubt it would be in the US. French countryside, Cayman islands, maybe even Ghana.

You can become famous by being the first legitimate person to want to wire transfer a large sum of money from Africa elsewhere
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SJ_GTI

Late to the thread, but I chose Turbo S.

That being said, even if I was a billionaire I think I'd probably just get a Porsche 911 Carrera 4s (assuming it still comes it a manual). Nice all weather capability in a fun package.  :ohyeah:

MrH

If I had to pick a home base I sincerely doubt it would be in the US. French countryside, Cayman islands, maybe even Ghana. Only upsides to the US are the opportunities to make money and the quality of healthcare. Winning the lotto makes those advantages irrelevant.

I think you've officially lost it. :confused:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

Yaw needs to live in another country for a while :lol:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

SVT_Power

Quote from: MrH on August 02, 2016, 10:06:31 AM
I think you've officially lost it. :confused:

As much as he goes off the deep end occasionally, I don't see what's so blatantly insane about that idea  :huh:

MrH

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2016, 12:13:59 PM
As much as he goes off the deep end occasionally, I don't see what's so blatantly insane about that idea  :huh:

"Only upsides to the US are the opportunities to make money and the quality of healthcare."

One, those are both huge.  YUGE even :lol:

And two, there's a lot more to the US than just that.

Quote from: Rich on August 02, 2016, 10:40:21 AM
Yaw needs to live in another country for a while :lol:

Exactly :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2016, 12:13:59 PM
What's insane about it is that I said it. Why would anyone possibly want to live anywhere but Ohio? Insanity indeed.
Quote from: MrH on August 02, 2016, 12:36:13 PM
"Only upsides to the US are the opportunities to make money and the quality of healthcare."

One, those are both huge.  YUGE even :lol:

And two, there's a lot more to the US than just that.

Exactly :lol:

Again, if one won the lotto, one wouldn't need to make money, or live in the US to make their nest egg grow.

2, if one won the lotto, they could just come back to the US for any emergency shit, and with that money could live a healthy stress-free lifestyle that would diminish the need of constant medical care in the first place, at least until very old age.

Very radical concepts for you, I know. I will go slower next time.

Soup DeVille

Some (although not a lot) of time in Other Countries has convinced me that the US has a lot more to offer than that, and I don't even know where to start, but the phrase "human rights"'comes to mind very quickly.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

It depends a lot on the country in question. Winning the lottery enables the luxury of choice that would make such distinctions irrelevant. Nobody here would take their multi millions and move to Syria.

And I have spent multiple months at a time out of the country. I'm wondering if Mr. H has spent more than a week at a time out of Ohio

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 03, 2016, 09:32:00 AM
It depends a lot on the country in question. Winning the lottery enables the luxury of choice that would make such distinctions irrelevant. Nobody here would take their multi millions and move to Syria.

And I have spent multiple months at a time out of the country. I'm wondering if Mr. H has spent more than a week at a time out of Ohio

It does give you the luxury of choosing which country your money would support.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 03, 2016, 09:47:06 AM
It does give you the luxury of choosing which country your money would support.

I'd probably buy residences in London and Paris, depending on the size of the lottery. If it's one of those pathetic $40m lotteries, I might just have to be satisfied with paying off my student loans, credit cards, and maybe buying a soda.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

I grew up in California.  Lived in Detroit for 3-4 months.  Traveled a ton for work and pleasure.  Been through a good portion of Europe, been to Germany 5 or 6 times, and lived there for a summer.  I've seen plenty to know that I have it pretty good in Ohio.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on August 03, 2016, 09:56:18 AM
I'd probably buy residences in London and Paris, depending on the size of the lottery. If it's one of those pathetic $40m lotteries, I might just have to be satisfied with paying off my student loans, credit cards, and maybe buying a soda.

London, yes. Paris probably not. Nice maybe, but more likely something a little less crowded. Honfleur maybe.

12,000 RPM

Yea, I would not want to set up shop in any big city again. If I did England or France it would be in the countryside, and even then only for a couple weeks out of the year as their weather is so shitty.

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 03, 2016, 10:00:06 AM
London, yes. Paris probably not. Nice maybe, but more likely something a little less crowded. Honfleur maybe.

Actually yeah, something in Nice or Marseille might be nice.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 03, 2016, 10:42:53 AM
Yea, I would not want to set up shop in any big city again. If I did England or France it would be in the countryside, and even then only for a couple weeks out of the year as their weather is so shitty.

I'm all about the cities.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

GoCougs

Quote from: MrH on August 03, 2016, 09:58:04 AM
I grew up in California.  Lived in Detroit for 3-4 months.  Traveled a ton for work and pleasure.  Been through a good portion of Europe, been to Germany 5 or 6 times, and lived there for a summer.  I've seen plenty to know that I have it pretty good in Ohio.

America is for Winners.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on August 03, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

Cities are cool in limited doses. I'd keep an apartment in London perhaps. Go see the cool shows there whenever. Fly in for bangers and mash. Have a tailor I know by first name only.

But I couldn't live there forever.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on August 03, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
But the best roads are in the countryside. Plus people are generally shitty, and I thought you were a fellow misanthrope.

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 03, 2016, 12:02:44 PM
Cities are cool in limited doses. I'd keep an apartment in London perhaps. Go see the cool shows there whenever. Fly in for bangers and mash. Have a tailor I know by first name only.

But I couldn't live there forever.

I feel the same about areas that aren't cities.  Nice to visit, but I couldn't live there. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 03, 2016, 12:19:39 PM
But the best roads are in the countryside. Plus people are generally shitty, and I thought you were a fellow misanthrope.

Nah, I just don't like you guys.  I'm great with people.  :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on August 03, 2016, 12:38:13 PM
I feel the same about areas that aren't cities.  Nice to visit, but I couldn't live there. 

I think Hunter Thompson had the right idea when he built his place up in the mountains where he could do whatever the hell he wanted to.

Char

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 25, 2016, 04:01:32 PM
AC is, yes. Radio is useless everywhere.

Get Pandora or Spotify you dirty peasant.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Tave

You could conceivably die of heatstroke driving through Death Valley without AC on a hot day. That's why it has such a cheerful name.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.