The "Automotive Perversions" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, October 05, 2016, 01:31:27 PM

cawimmer430

Every car enthusiast has a favorite car which they lust after and secretly want. But every car enthusiast also has a darker, a perverse and masochistic side which they keep secret from their fellow car enthusiasts. What this means is that they like cars which were either horrible in their day, or are only just now being considered horrible - or simply weren't very good. Either way, these are cars which everyone else just wants to forget - except you!

Well, this is the place to come clean and share your automotive perversions with all of us! Post the car (or cars) which royally sucked in their day, but you don't care and would like to own because there's something about them which you like!

What happens in here stays in here! Your fellow automotive enthusiasts on other forums will never discover your automotive perversions and shun you for admitting them!  :thumbsup:

I'll start!

1974 Dodge Monaco - I think this car is truly gorgeous and sexy in terms of design. I have a thing for '70s American landyachts anyway, and the Monaco is just one of those cars which I lust after! That design just oozes with gracefulness, class, elegance and a hue of dynamism. Plus, it looks great in LAPD trim, almost badass! I love it. It's one of those cars which I really dig, but I can't quite explain why. I just like it.

1976 Plymouth Volare - Yeah, it and the Dodge Aspens were total POS cars, but just look at that lovely design. LOOK AT IT!!! LOOK AT IT!!!  :wub: Actually, the Volare's and Aspen's design reminds me of my neighbor's 3rd generation Toyota Cressida (Looks like THIS), a car whose design I always liked because it came across as elegant and stately.

Talbot Matra Simca Rancho - While not really a POS car, I feel that the Talbot-Matra-Simca (whatever brand name you prefer!) Rancho is one of those forgotten classics which paved the way for an exciting niche and gets no credit for it. What I like about the Rancho are its rugged, good looks and that roomy rear space. This is the kind of car which I want to take on a road trip through Europe and sleep in the back in.

Looking forward to seeing your automotive perversions!  :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Man, you'll think of any reason to start a thread with a Monaco and/or Volare in it.

shp4man

I've always liked these old Ramblers. No good reason, never owned one, never knew anybody that owned one. The car itself looks like an upsidedown bathtub, plus it has a 95 HP sidevalve engine.  :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 05, 2016, 03:12:17 PM
Man, you'll think of any reason to start a thread with a Monaco and/or Volare in it.

It's called PASSION. Try it some time.  :devil:  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on October 05, 2016, 03:25:02 PM
I've always liked these old Ramblers. No good reason, never owned one, never knew anybody that owned one. The car itself looks like an upsidedown bathtub, plus it has a 95 HP sidevalve engine.  :huh:

Very nice. Kind of looks like an older Volvo!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 05, 2016, 03:43:32 PM

That's one of those cars which I'd say was inspired by the Matra-Simca-Talbot Rancho! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Mack R600 or maybe even a B Model. Just a ridiculous and fun truck; as bare bones as they get and rewarding to drive right.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Soup DeVille

That's about the most vanilla one can get.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 05, 2016, 04:57:45 PM

Mack R600 or maybe even a B Model. Just a ridiculous and fun truck; as bare bones as they get and rewarding to drive right.

How many shifters does it have?

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 05, 2016, 06:39:10 PM
That's about the most vanilla one can get.

I think that's why I oddly like them. I only really like em in certain colors/trims. 

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

MexicoCityM3

'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 05, 2016, 06:45:25 PM
How many shifters does it have?

The R models are nearly all one sticks, some with an air splitter. The B models are usually twin sticks, either 8, 12 or 16 speed.

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Vinsanity

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 05, 2016, 04:24:12 PM
Very nice. Kind of looks like an older Volvo!

Speaking of, this definitely tops my list

but that was almost too easy. and only because it was my first car. you're supposed to feel nostalgic for your first car.

Digging deeper, when I was a little kid, I loved any and every wedge-shaped fastback car with pop-up headlights regardless of whether it was actually a good car or not

but I was like 8 when those cars were out. 8-year-olds don't know anything about turbo lag or suspension tuning.

what I can't explain is why I liked these GM midsize coupes

there must be something about the quad sealed-beam headlights I suppose...

Rupert

Volvo was a good car, Fox was a good car.

I love all 200-series and previous Volvos.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 05, 2016, 04:57:45 PM

Pretty sexy-looking truck! Love those American trucks that actually have a "snout". Such trucks have died out here...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on October 05, 2016, 05:30:23 PM

A Renault 18! Nice!  :mrcool:

May I ask what you like about it? Did your family own one as you were growing up?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 05, 2016, 07:18:17 PM
Speaking of, this definitely tops my list

but that was almost too easy. and only because it was my first car. you're supposed to feel nostalgic for your first car.

Good choice. Those old Volvo 200s are classics, and very solid.

And yeah, I still love my first car and have fond memories of it. I had a 1992 Mitsubishi Galant GTI, basically a VR4 with no turbo, no AWD and no 4WS. Great car. Mine looked exactly like this.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 06, 2016, 03:31:23 AM
A Renault 18! Nice!  :mrcool:

May I ask what you like about it? Did your family own one as you were growing up?

Yes. My family owned a couple of them when I was around 9 years old. My dad was a big fan of Renault. I love the design, It was a really comfortable and refined car for the time.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

2o6

MexicoCityM3

'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)